- Volume 31 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Validity experiment of dipping method in the manufacture of metal-ceramic substructure
금속 도재 하부구조물 제작 시 침적법의 타당도 실험
- Lee, Wan-Sun (Department of Health Science, Graduate school, Korea University) ;
- Im, Su-Yeon (Department and Research Institute of Dental Bioengineering, Yonsei University) ;
- Kim, Wook-Tae (Department of Dental Technology & Science, Shin-Han University)
- Received : 2014.11.06
- Accepted : 2015.01.08
- Published : 2015.03.31
Purpose: The main purpose of this study is to suggest application plan of dipping method by comparing & analysing the difference between addition method and dipping method in the manufacture of metal-ceramic substructure of maxillary central incisor (#1), followed by assessing the work efficiency. Materials and Methods: Master die and hard plaster-copied one were produced and then a total of 20 copies, 10 copies for each through addition method and dipping method, were manufactured and experimented. Copings were fixed on the abutment model and invested in epoxy mounting cup. Samples were cut in labial and lingual direction, using cutter and then rubbed on sandpaper, whose 4 points were measured by using digital microscope. Results: The comparison of mean values by using t-test, parametric statistical method, shows overall significant difference (P < 0.05). Conclusion: The result of this study can be suggested as an application plan, since there is no significant difference between addition method and dipping method in the manufacture of metal-ceramic substructure.
- Kim KB, Kim WC, Kim HY, Kim JH. An evalualuation of marginal fit of three-unit fixed dental prostheses fabricated by direct metal laser sintering system. Dent Mater 2013;29:e91-6.
- Kwuan EJ, Kim SH, Kim JJ, Kim JS, KIM TS, Park NG, Park JH, Park HB, Sung HG, Lym SD, Lee BG, Lee IG, Lee JH, Jung IS, Choei YS, Choei JE, Hwang KS, Hwang SS. Fixed crown and bridge of engineering education research. 4th ed. Seoul; Daihak Publishing Company; 2008. p. 210-2.
- Reich S, Uhlen S, Gozdowski S, Lohbauer U. Measurement of cement thickness under lithium disilicate crowns using an impression material technique. Clin Oral Investig 2011;15:521-6. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00784-010-0414-x
- Colpani JT, Borba M, Della Bona A. Evaluation of marbinal and internal fit of ceramic crown copings. Dent Mater 2013;29:174-80. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.dental.2012.10.012
- McLean JM, von Fraunhofer JA. The estimation of cement film thickness by an in vivo technique. Br Dent J 1971;131:107-11. https://doi.org/10.1038/sj.bdj.4802708
- Fransson B, Olio G, Gjeitanger R. The fit of metal ceramic crowns, a clinical study. Dent Mater 1985;1:197-9. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0109-5641(85)80019-1