- Volume 31 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Maxillary anterior fixed implant prosthesis using customized nonprecious metal casting abutment: a case report
비귀금속 주조 맞춤형 지대주를 이용한 상악 전치부 임플란트 보철수복 증례
- Lee, Jae-In (Department of Prosthodontics, College of Dentistry, Wonkwang University and Institute of Wonkwang Dental Research)
- 이재인 (원광대학교 치과대학 치과보철학교실 및 원광치의학 연구소)
- Received : 2014.10.10
- Accepted : 2015.01.08
- Published : 2015.03.31
It is hard to restore and manage anterior teeth esthetically and functionally; because of peri-implantitis, not only hard and soft tissue problem such as alveolar bone resorption and interdental papilla loss but also esthetic problem caused by metal abutment exposure can occur. This case presents patients using customized abutment made of Co-Cr alloy that can be made by conventional casting and compensate the shortcomings of prefabricated titanium abutments, and cement-retained prosthesis.
Supported by : 원광대학교
- Henriksson K, Jemt T. Evaluation of custom-made procera ceramic abutments for single-implant tooth replacement: a prospective 1-year follow-up study. Int J Prosthodont 2003;16:626-30.
- Kim HS. Fabrication of custom abutment using dental CAD/CAM system. J Korean Dent Assoc 2012;50:118-25.
- Wu T, Liao W, Dai N, Tang C. Design of a custom angled abutment for dental implants using computer-aided design and nonlinear finite element analysis. J Biomech 2010;43:1941-6. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbiomech.2010.03.017
- Sailer I, Zembic A, Jung RE, Siegenthaler D, Holderegger C, Hammerle CH. Randomized controlled clinical trial of customized zirconia and titanium implant abutments for canine and posterior singletooth implant reconstructions: preliminary results at 1 year of function. Clin Oral Implants Res 2009;20:219-25. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1600-0501.2008.01636.x
- Lewis S, Avera S, Engleman M, Beumer J 3rd. The restoration of improperly inclined osseointegrated implants. Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants 1989;4:147-52.
- Lewis SG, Llamas D, Avera S. The UCLA abutment: a four-year review. J Prosthet Dent 1992;67:509-15. https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-3913(92)90082-L
- Rieder CE. Customized implant abutment copings to achieve biologic, mechanical, and esthetic objectives. Int J Periodontics Restorative Dent 1996;16:20-9.
- Hong YS, Park EJ, Kim SJ, Kim MR, Heo SJ, Park JM. Customized abutment and screw-type implant prostheses after cementation based on the digital intra-oral impression technique. J Korean Acad Prosthodont 2012;50:67-73. https://doi.org/10.4047/jkap.2012.50.1.67
- Carotenuto G, Palumbo M, Zarone F, Nicolais L. Characterization of the interface between prefabricated gold copings and cast dental alloy in implant restorations. Clin Oral Implants Res 1999;10:131-8. https://doi.org/10.1034/j.1600-0501.1999.100207.x
- O'Brien WJ. Base metal casting alloys. In: O'Brien WJ, editor. Dental material and their selection. 2nd ed. Michigan; Quintessence; 1997. p. 259-68.
- Wataha JC. Biocompatibility of dental casting alloys: a review. J Prosthet Dent 2000;83:223-34. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0022-3913(00)80016-5
- White GE. Osseointegrated dental technology. Carol Stream; Quintessence; 1993. p. 70-83.
- Hulterstrom M, Nilsson U. Cobalt-chromium as a framework material in implant-supported fixed prostheses: a preliminary report. Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants 1991;6:475-80.
- Lee JS, Lee JS. Effect of various abutment systems on the removal torque and the abutment settling in the conical connection implant systems. J Korean Acad Prosthodont 2012;50:92-8. https://doi.org/10.4047/jkap.2012.50.2.92
- Geis-Gerstorfer J, Weber H, Sauer KH. In vitro substance loss due to galvanic corrosion in Ti implant/ Ni-Cr supraconstruction systems. Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants 1989;4:119-23.
- Lee JJ, Song KY, Ahn SK, Park JM. Surface roughness changes caused by the galvanic corrosion between a titanium abutment and base metal alloy. J Korean Acad Prosthodont 2011;49:65-72. https://doi.org/10.4047/jkap.2011.49.1.65
- Oh KT, Kim KN. Electrochemical properties of suprastructures galvanically coupled to a titanium implant. J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater 2004;70:318-31.
- Jemt T. Customized titanium single-implant abutments: 2-year follow-up pilot study. Int J Prosthodont 1998;11:312-6.
- Kim S, Kim HI, Brewer JD, Monaco EA Jr. Comparison of fracture resistance of pressable metal ceramic custom implant abutments with CAD/ CAM commercially fabricated zirconia implant abutments. J Prosthet Dent 2009;101:226-30. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0022-3913(09)60043-3
- Zembic A, Sailer I, Jung RE, Hammerle CH. Randomized-controlled clinical trial of customized zirconia and titanium implant abutments for singletooth implants in canine and posterior regions: 3-year results. Clin Oral Implants Res 2009;20:802-8. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1600-0501.2009.01717.x
- Aboushelib MN, Salameh Z, Zirconia implant abutment fracture: clinical case reports and precautions for use. Int J Prosthodont 2009;22:616-9.