- Volume 25 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
The Effects of Lower Limb Muscle Activity on Postural Stability and Ground Type During Gait in Elderly Women
보행 시 여성노인의 자세안정성과 지면형태가 하지 근활성도에 미치는 영향
- Woo, Byung-Hoon (Major of Sport & Leisure Studies, College of Physical Education, Kyonggi University) ;
- Park, Yang-Sun (Department of Physical Education, College of Performing Arts and Sport, Hanyang University)
- Received : 2015.01.30
- Accepted : 2015.03.27
- Published : 2015.03.31
Objective : The purpose of this study was to analyze the effects of lower limb muscle activity on postural stability and ground type in elderly women subjects. Method : Forty two subjects participated in the experiment (high group - age:
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Bird, M. L., Hill, K., Ball, M., & Williams, A. D. (2009). Effects of resistance and flexibility exercise interventions on balance and related measures in older adults. Journal of Aging and Physical Activity, 17(4), 444-454.
- Chung, C. S., Yoon, T. J., Yeon, Y. J., & Choi, C. S. (2004). Analysis of kinematics and EMG on stepping over obstacles. The Korean Journal of Physical Education, 43(5), 423-436.
- Cohen, H., Blatchly, C. A., & Gombash, L. L. (1993). A study of the clinical test of sensory interaction and balance. Physical Therapy, 73(6), 346-351.
- Cram, J. R., Kasman, G. S., & Holtz, J. (1998). Introduction to Surface Electromyography. Maryland, Aspen.
- Cromwell, R. L., & Newton, R. A. (2002). Forrest G. Influence of vision on head stabilization strategies in old people during walking. Journal of Gerontology, 57(7), 442-448.
- Galley, P. M. (1985). Human Movement. Churchill Livingstone. New York.
- Han, B. R., Lee, D. Y., Jeong, S. W., & Lee, H. D. (2014). Changes in the biomechanical properties of ankle plantarflexors follwign 8-week resistance trainng with or without whole-body vibration in older women. Korean Journal of Sport Biomechanics, 24(4), 399-415. https://doi.org/10.5103/KJSB.2014.24.4.399
- Jette, A. M., & Branch, L. G. (1981). The framingham disability study: II. Physical disability among the aging. American Journal of Public Health, 71(11), 1211-1216. https://doi.org/10.2105/AJPH.71.11.1211
- Jung, H. S. (2009). A Study of Muscle Activities and Gait Analysis Between Young Adults and Elderly People According to Gait Speed in Level Walking. Unpublished Doctor's Thesis, Daegu University, Daegu, Korea.
- Kang, S. W. & Park, Y. S. (2014). Difference of postural stability and gait by BMI level in the elderly. The Korean Journal of Growth and Development, 22(1), 61-66.
- Kerrigan, D. C., Todd, M. K., Della Croce, U., Lipsitz, L. A., & Collins, J. J. (1998). Biomechanical gait alterations independent of speed in the healthy elderly: Enidence for specific limiting impairments. Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, 79(3), 317-322. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0003-9993(98)90013-2
- Keshner, E. A., Alum, J. H., & Honegger, F. (1993). Predictors of less stable postural responses to support surface rotations in healthy human elderly. Journal of Vestibular Research, 3(4), 419-429.
- Kim, S. J. (2007). Motor Learning and Control. 5th edition. Seoul: Daehanmedia.
- Lee, H. J., Song, C. H., Lee, K. J., Lee, Y. W., Lee, G. C., Shin, W. S., & Lee, S. W. (2010). The effects of complex exercise training for lower legs muscle strength, muscle endurance, balance ability and gait ability in the elderly. Journal of Sport and Leisure Studies, 41(2), 935-947.
- Lee, H. K., Lee, J. C., & Song, G. H. (2014). The effects of rhythmic sensorimotor training in unstable surface on balance ability of elderly women. Journal of the Korean Academy of Family Medicine, 9(2), 181-191.
- Lockhart, T. E., & Smith, J. L., & Woldstad, J. C. (2005). Effects of aging on the biomechanics of slips and falls. Human Factors, 47(4), 708-729. https://doi.org/10.1518/001872005775571014
- Mackinnon, C. D., & Winter, D. A. (1993). Control of whole body balance of the frontal plane during human walking. Journal of Biomechanics, 26(6), 633-644. https://doi.org/10.1016/0021-9290(93)90027-C
- Mickelborough, J., van der Linden, M. L., Tallis, R. C., & Ennos, A. R. (2004). Muscle activity during gait initiation in normal elderly people. Gait Posture, 19(1), 50-57. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0966-6362(03)00016-X
- Muehlbauer, T., Roth, R., Mueller, S., & Granacher, U. (2011). Intra and intersession reliability of balance measures during one-leg standing in young adults. Journal of Strength & Conditioning Research, 25(8), 2228-2234. https://doi.org/10.1519/JSC.0b013e3181fb393b
- Park, J. S., Choi, E. Y., & Hwang, T. Y. (2002). The effects of strengthening leg muscular strength on the elderly's walking and balance ability. The Journal of Korean Society of Physical Therapy, 14(2), 71-79.
- Perry, J. (1992). Gait analysis: normal and pathological function. Thorofare, NJ: Slack Inc.
- Province, M. A., Hadley, E. C., Hornbrook, M. C., Lipsitz, L. A., Miller, J. P., Mulrow, C. D., Ory, M. G., Sattin, R. W., Tinetti, M. E., & Wolf, S. L. (1995). The effects of exercise on falls in elderly patients. The Journal of the American Medical Association, 273(17), 1341-1347. https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.1995.03520410035023
- Rodacki, A. L., Souza, R. M., Ugrinowitsch, C., Cristopoliski, F., & Fowler, N. E. (2009). Transient effects of stretching exercises on gait parameters of elderly women. Manual Therapy, 14(2), 167-172. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.math.2008.01.006
- Shumway-cook, A., & Woollacott, M. H. (1995). Motor Control; Theory and practical applications. Baltimore, Williams & Wilkin.
- Statistics Korea (2010). Aged Person Statistics. Retrieved from http://kostat.go.kr.
- Wade, M. G., & Jones, G. (1997). The role of vision and spatial orientation in the maintenance of posture. Physical Therapy, 77(6), 619-628.
- Woollacott, M. H., Shumway-cook, A., & Nashner, L. M. (1986). Aging and posture control: changes in sensory organization and muscular coordination. The International Journal of Aging and Human Development, 23(2), 97-114. https://doi.org/10.2190/VXN3-N3RT-54JB-X16X
- Yi, J. H., & Rye, J. S.(2011). Biomechanical alternation of the elderly depending on the type of gait termination. Korean Journal of Sport Biomechanics, 21(2), 189-196. https://doi.org/10.5103/KJSB.2011.21.2.189
- Yoon, S. Chang, J. K., & Kim, J. (2014). Effects of a water exercise on the lower extremities coordination during obstacle gait in the female elderly - focusing on training and detraining effects. Korean Journal of Sport Biomechanics, 24(2), 95-101. https://doi.org/10.5103/KJSB.2014.24.2.95
- The Effects of Age and Walkway Type on Lower Extremities Kinematics in Elderly Women vol.25, pp.3, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5103/KJSB.2015.25.3.249