- Volume 15 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
ECG Identification Method Using Adaptive Weight Based LMSE Optimization
적응적 가중치를 사용한 LMSE 최적화 기반의 심전도 개인 인식 방법
- Received : 2014.12.08
- Accepted : 2015.02.09
- Published : 2015.04.28
This paper presents a Electrocardiogram(ECG) identification method using adaptive weight based on Least Mean Square Error(LMSE) optimization. With a preprocessing for noise suppression, we extracts the average ECG signal and its standard deviation at every time instant. Then the extracted information is stored in database. ECG identification is achieved by matching an input ECG signal with the information in database. In computing the matching scores, the standard deviation is used. The scores are computed by applying adaptive weights to the values of the input signal over all time instants. The adaptive weight consists of two terms. The first term is the inverse of the standard deviation of an input signal. The second term is the proportional one to the standard deviation between user SAECGs stored in the DB. Experimental results show up to 100% recognition rate for 32 registered people.
- L. S. Green, R. L. Lux, C. W. Haws, R. R. Williams, S. C. Hunt, and M. J. Burgess, "Effects of age, sex, and body habitus on QRS and ST-T potential maps of 1100 normal subjects," Proceeding of Circulation, Vol.71, No.2, pp.244-253, 1985(3). https://doi.org/10.1161/01.CIR.71.2.244
- Lena Biel, Ola Pettersson, Lennart Philipson, and Peter Wide, "ECG Analysis: A New Approach in Human Identification," IEEE Trans: instrumentation and measurement, Vol.50, No.3, pp.808-812, 2001(6). https://doi.org/10.1109/19.930458
- T. W. Shen, W. J. Tompkins, and Y. H. Hu, "One-lead ECG for identiy verification," Proceedings of the Second Joint EMBSBMES Conference, Vol.1, pp.62-63, 2002(10).
- Steven A. Israel, John M. Irvine, Andrew Cheng, Mark D. Wiederhold, and Brenda K. Wiederhold, "ECG to identify individuals," Pattern Recognition, Vol.38, No.1, pp.133-142, 2005(1). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.patcog.2004.05.014
- Zhaomin Zhang and Daming Wei, "A New ECG Identification Method Using Bayes' Theorem," Proceedings of IEEE Region 10 Conference, pp.14-17, 2006(11).
- 이상준, 이명호, "SVM분류기를 이용한 심전도 개인인식 알고리즘 개발," 전기학회논문지, 제60권, 제3호, pp.654-661, 2011(3).
- 이상준, 김진권, 이영범, 이명호, "생체 인식 시스템을 위한 심전도 개인 인식 알고리즘 개발", 의공학회지, 제31권, 제5호, pp.365-374, 2010.
- Adrian D. C. Chan, Mohyeldin M. Hamdy, Armin Badre, and Vesal Badee, "Wavelet Distance Measure for Person Identification Using Electrocardiograms," IEEE Trans. on Instrumentation and Measurement, Vol.57, No.2, pp.248-253, 2008(2). https://doi.org/10.1109/TIM.2007.909996
- Gerd Wubbeler, Manuel Stavridis, Dieter Kreiseler, Ralf-Dieter Bousseljot, and Clemens Elster, "Verification of humans using the electrocardiogram," Pattern Recognition Letters, Vol.28, No.10, pp1172-1175, 2007(7). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.patrec.2007.01.014
- Chuang-Chien Chiu, Chou-Min Chuang, and Chih-Yu Hsu, "A Novel Personal Identity Verification Approach Using a Discrete Wavelet Transform of the ECG Signal," Proceedings of the 2008 International Conference on Multimedia and Ubiquitous Engineering, pp.201-206, 2008(4).
- 윤석주, 김광준, 장창수, "이산 웨이블릿 변환을 이용한 ECG 개인식별", 한국정보기술학회논문지, 제10권, 제8호, pp.181-187, 2012(8).
- Konstantinos N. Plataniotis, Dimitrios Hatzinakos, and Jimmy K. M. Lee, "ECG biometric recognition without fiducial detection," Proceedings of Biometrics Symposiums, pp.1-6, 2006(9).
- Michael E. Cain, Jeffrey L. Anderson, Morton F. Arnsdorf, Jay W. Mason, Melvin M. Scheinman, and Albert L. Waldo, "Signal-Averaged Electrocardiography," Proceedings of Journal of the American College of Cardiology, Vol.27, No.1, pp.238-249, 1996(1).
- Jlapu Pan and Willis J. Tompkins, "A Real-Time QRS Detection Algorithm," IEEE Trans. on Biomedical Engineering, Vol.32, No.3, pp.230-236, 1985(3).