- Volume 15 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Retail-Store Type Digital Signage Solution Development And Usability Test Using Android Mini PC
안드로이드 미니PC를 이용한 Retail-Store형 디지털사이니지 솔루션 개발 및 사용성 테스트
- Received : 2014.12.29
- Accepted : 2015.01.27
- Published : 2015.04.28
Digital Signage, a way of advertising or delivering information to viewers through digital displays, has expanded from being just an advertising channel in public places. Recently, it has become widely prevalent in restaurants and retail stores. Despite its wide expansion, digital signage is limited to specific usages and services and the devices it uses are also quite expensive. This study introduces a stick-type digital signage product that operates on Android OS, which addresses all the weaknesses of digital signage with much more reasonable pricing and stable operation. For stability, performance tests were executed on the hardware and applications. The results for hardware performance were extremely promising, as each scenario's maximum performance results, measured by Load Runner programs, reached target indexes. Also, as a result of the usability test, all participants, including non-digital signage system users (novices), were able to easily learn all the tasks. As a result of user satisfaction survey, positive responses were exhibited for ease of learning and usability (LEU), helpfulness and problem solving capabilities (HPSC), affective aspect and multimedia properties (AAMP), commands and minimal memory load (CMML), and control and efficiency (CE).
Retail-Store Digital Signage System;Usability Test;Android Mini PC;Stability Test
Supported by : National Research Foundation of Korea
- J. Schaeffler, Digital Signage, Software, Networks, Advertising, and Display: A Primer for Understanding the Business, Focal press, Oxford, UK, 2011.
- E. Lee and M. Park. "Design and Implementation of the Digital Signage System Enabled Customized Services using the SaaS Method," Journal of Korea Multimedia Society, Vol.17, No.3, pp.364-372, 2014. https://doi.org/10.9717/kmms.2014.17.3.364
- J. Hong, "The Research of the Digital Signage invigoration Plan," Korea communication Agency Research, Vol.76, No.6, 2014.
- N. Ichya, Digital Signage Revolution(デジタル サイネ-ジ カクメイ), Communication Books Press, 2010.
- Samsung Smart Signage TV:http://www.samsung.com/sec/consumer/it/display/signagetv/LH40RMDPLGA-features
- H. Park and J. Jeon, "An Exploratory Approach on the Measurement Index of Digital Signage Advertising Effects," Journal of Outdoor Advertising Research, Vol.10, No.2, pp.105-133, 2013.
- S. Chae, "Based on Digital Signage Contents industry status and prospect. Korea Creative Content Agency," KOCCA Focus, Vol.54, No.6, 2012.
- Digital Signage Consortium: http://www.digital-signage.jp/organizationen/
- H. Jung, K. Yoon, and W. Son, "Trends of Technology and Industry for Digital Signage to Support High Quality Resolution," Electronics and Telecommunications Trends, ETRI, Vol.29, No.1, 2014.
- Y. Yang, "How TAS(Tunnel Advertisement System) Advertising Works : The Role of Trust in Improving Attitudes and Recall," Journal of Outdoor Advertising Research, Vol.7, No.4, pp.213-236, 2010.
- S. Shim, "The Study on Consumer's Attitude and Use toward Media Pole at Kang-Nam Area," Journal of Outdoor Advertising Research, Vol.7, No.4, pp.187-211, 2010.
- J. Kim and J. Kim, "The Digital Signage Advertisement Effect upon Consumer's Demographical factors and Experience of using Mobile coupon," Journal of Outdoor Advertising Research, Vol.8, No.4, pp.61-90, 2011.
- C. Moon, "The Explanatory Study on Digital Signage as OOH Advertising Media," Journal of Outdoor Advertising Research, Vol.7, No.4, pp. 237-256, 2010.
- H. Lee, "Research Reports : A Study on a Plan of Digital Signage Activation as an Advertising Medium," Journal of Korean Society of Design Culture, Vol.17, No.2, pp.502-517, 2011.
- G. Kang, H. Kim, and Y. Kim, "A Literature Review on Resource Matching Hypothesis and Persuasion Effects," Journalism and Communication Studies, Vol.17, No.1, pp.5-27, 2013.
- C. Kim, S. You, and J. Lee, "Effects on Consumer's Response to Advertising Styles According to Brand Hierarchy," Journal of Korean Society of Design Science, Vol.48, No.15, pp.157-166, 2002.
- Packard, H. HP Load Runner Manual. http://www8.hp.com/us/en/software-solutions/loadrunner-load-testing/
- P. YANG and J. LI, "Using LoadRunner to Test Web's Load Automatically," Computer Technology and Development, Vol.1, No.80, 2007.
- Y. Ryu and T. L. Smith-Jackson, "Reliability and validity of the mobile phone usability questionnaire (MPUQ)," 2006.
- M. Jeon, User-Centered web service UI Usability Test, Metore Press, 2011.
- S. Kang, W. Hyun, and M. Hur, "Digital Signage Standard Trend. The Journals of Korea Information and Communication Society (Information And Communications Magazine)," Vol.30, No.8, pp.76-82, 2013.
- M. Kenichi, "Global Standardization Activities: Digital Signage Standardization," NTT Technical Review, Vol.10, No.10, 2012.
- W3C Community and Business Groups-Web-based Signage Business Groups: http://www.w3.org/community/groups/#websignage
- POPAI: http://www.popai.com
- S. Kim, "Digital Signage Industry Market Tracker-Q3 2014," IHS Report, 2014.
- A. Peters and B. Mennecke, "Can Digital Signage Help Consumers Eat Healthier," In HCI International 2011-Posters' Extended Abstracts, Springer Berlin Heidelberg, pp. 443-447, 2011.
- Lundstrom, Digital Signage Broadcasting: Broadcasting, Content Management, and Distribution Techniques, Forcal Press, Oxford, 2008.
- S. H. Noh and D. N. Kim, "U-Bus Advertisement Business Model and System Implementation based on Wireless Networks," The journal of the Korea Contents Association, Vol.10, No.7, pp.88-97, 2010.
- C. S. Kim, M. S. Lee, and C. H. Park, "Implementation of an App Scheduler for the Effective Display of Advertisement Contents on Android Platform," The journal of the Korea Contents Association, Vol.12, No.11, pp.20-29, 2012.