- Volume 15 Issue 4
The objective of this study was to compare the unimanual and bimanual complementary movements of the affected upper extremity. Thirty participants living in Busan area with post-stroke hemiparesis were involved in this study. They were selected according to twelve criteria. We used the Fitmeter accelerometer to measure Signal Vector Magnitude, peak acceleration and peak deceleration. The movement time and Signal Vector Magnitude of bimanual complementary movement were less than those of unimanual movement(p<0.05). Therefore, we suggest that bimanual complementary movement is more useful, as for the kinematic aspect, than unimanual movement when a person with stroke perform activities of daily living.
Stroke;Complementary Movement;Signal Vector Magnitude;Acceleration
- K. K. Andersen and T. S. Olsen, "One-Month to 10-year survival in the Copenhagen stroke study: interactions between stroke severity and other prognostic indicators," J. of Stroke and Cerebrovascular Disease, Vol.20, No.2, pp.117-123, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jstrokecerebrovasdis.2009.10.009
- S. C. van der Pas, J. A. Verbunt, D. E. Breukelaar, R. van Woerden, and H. A. Seelen, "Assessment of arm activity using triaxial accelerometry in patients with a stroke," Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Vol.92, No.9, pp.1437-1442, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apmr.2011.02.021
- S. L. Kilbreath and R. C. Heard, "Frequency of hand use in healthy older persons," Australian J. of Physiotherapy, Vol.51, No.2, pp.119-122, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0004-9514(05)70040-4
- M. Cassidy, P. Mazzone, A. Oliviero, A. Insola, P. Tonali, V. D. Lazzaro, and P. Brown, "Movement‐related changes in synchronization in the human basal ganglia," Brain, Vol.125, No.6, pp.1235-1246, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1093/brain/awf135
- 유원규, 박지혁, 김민희, "다양한 양측 팔뻗기 작업수행시 팔뻗기 속도와 수직이동거리," 대한작업치료학회지, 제13권, 제2호, pp.41-49, 2005.
- K. C. Stewart, J. H. Cauraugh, and J. J. Summers, "Bilateral movement training and stroke rehabilitation: a systematic review and meta-analysis," J. of Neurological Science, Vol.244, No.1, pp.89-95, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jns.2006.01.005
- M. Cirstea and M. F. Levin, "Compensatory strategies for reaching in stroke," Brain, Vol.123, No.5, pp.940-953, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1093/brain/123.5.940
- D. A. Winter, Biomechanics and motor control of human movement, John Wiley & Sons Inc, 2009.
- W. Muellbacher, C. Richards, U. Ziemann, G. Wittenberg, D. Weltz, B. Boroojerdi, and M. Hallett, "Improving hand function in chronic stroke," Archives of Neurology, Vol.59, No.8, pp.1278-1282, 2002.
- M. de Niet, J. B. Bussmann, G. M. Ribbers, and H. J. Stam, "The stroke upper-limb activity monitor: its sensitivity to measure hemiplegic upper-limb activity during daily life," Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Vol.88, No.9, pp.1121-1126, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apmr.2007.06.005
- 최유임, 정민예, 정보인, 유은영, "강제유도운동치료가 뇌졸중 환자의 상지 기능 및 일상생활활동에 미치는 영향," 대한작업치료학회지, 제17권, 제1호, pp.77-90, 2009.
- 박종한, 권용철, "노인용 한국판 Mini-Mental State Examination(MMSE-K)의 표준화 연구-제2편: 구분점 및 진단적 타당도-", 신경정신의학, 제28권, 제3호, pp.508-513, 1989.
- 김재민, 신일선, 윤진상, 이형영, "치매선별을 위한 MMSE-K 와 K-MMSE 의 진단 타당도 비교", 신경정신의학, 제42권, 제1호, pp.124-130, 2003.
- 이상헌, "뇌졸중 환자에서 알렌인지수준과 일상생활활동, 인지기능 및 상지기능의 상관관계," 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제9권, 제9호, pp.287-294, 2009.
- S. Miyamoto, T. Kondo, Y. Suzukamo, A. Michimata, and S. Izumi, "Reliability and validity of the Manual Function Test in patients with stroke," American J. of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, Vol.88, No.3, pp.247-255, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1097/PHM.0b013e3181951133
- 김도윤 전소혜, 강승용, 김남헌, "3축 가속도 센서를 이용한 신체활동에 따른 맞춤형 에너지 측정 알고리즘", 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제11권, 제12호, pp.103-111, 2011.
- G. Wu, F. C. van der Helm, H. E. Veeger, M. Makhsous, P. Van Roy, C. Anglin, J. Nagels, A. R. Karduna, K. McQuade, X. Wang, F. W. Werner, and B. Buchholz, "International Society of Biomechanics. ISB recommendation on definitions of joint coordinate systems of various joints for the reporting of human joint motion-part II: shoulder, elbow, wrist and hand," J. of Biomechanics, Vol.38, No.5, pp.981-992, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbiomech.2004.05.042
- P. Pan, M. A. Peshkin, J. E. Colgate, and K. M. Lynch, "Static single-arm force generation with kinematic constraints," J. of Neurophysiology, Vol.93, No.5, pp.2752-2765, 2004.
- A. Shumway-Cook and M. H. Woollacott, Motor control: translating research into clinical practice, Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2007.
- F. Debaere, S. P. Swinnen, E. Beatse, S. Sunaert, P. Van Hecke, and J. Duysens, "Brain areas involved in interlimb coordination: a distributed network," Neuroimage, Vol.14, No.5, pp.947-958, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1006/nimg.2001.0892
- N. Wenderoth, F. Debaere, S. Sunaert and S. P. Swinnen, "The role of anterior cingulate cortex and precuneus in the coordination of motor behaviour," European J. of Neuroscience, Vol.22, No.1, pp.235-246, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1460-9568.2005.04176.x
- O. Kazennikov, S. Perrig, and M. Wiesendanger, "Kinematics of a coordinated goal-directed bimanual task," Behavioural Brain Research, Vol.131, No.2, pp.83-91, 2002.
- J. P. Kuhtz-Buschbeck, H. Stolze, A. Boczek-Funcke, K. Johnk, H. Heinrichs, and M. Illert, "Kinematic analysis of prehension movements in children," Behavioural Brain Research, Vol.93, No.2, pp.131-141, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0166-4328(97)00147-2
- J. H. Carr and R. B. Shepherd, Stroke rehabilitation : guidelines for exercise and training to optimize motor skill, Butterworth-Heinemann, 2003.
- M. C. Volman, A. L. Wijnroks, and A. Vermeer, "Effect of task context on reaching performance in children with spastic hemiparesis," Clinical Rehabilitation, Vol.16, No.6, pp.684-692, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1191/0269215502cr540oa
- S. Gray, S. Watts, D. Debicki, and J. Hore, "Comparison of kinematics in skilled and unskilled arms of the same recreational baseball players," J. of Sports Science, Vol.24, No.11, pp.1183-1194, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1080/02640410500497584
- A. Potgieser and B. de Jong, "Different distal-proximal movement balances in right-and left-hand writing may hint at differential premotor cortex involvement," Human Movement Science, Vol.30, No.6, pp.1072-1078, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.humov.2011.02.005
- K. Hayner, G. Gibson, and G. Muir Giles, "Comparison of constraint-Induced movement therapy and bilateral treatment of equal intensity in people with chronic upper-extremity dysfunction after cerebrovascular accident," American J. of Occupational Therapy, Vol.64, No.4, pp.528-539, 2010. https://doi.org/10.5014/ajot.2010.08027
- 김태훈, 박경희, "정상인에서 일상생활활동 수행시 상지의 가속도 분석", 대한지역사회작업치료학회지, 제4권, 제1호, pp.23-30, 2014.
- Efficacy Evaluation for Two-Hand Coordination Training Tool on Visual Perception and Hand Dexterity of Chronic Stroke Patients vol.26, pp.3, 2018, https://doi.org/10.14519/jksot.2018.26.3.01