- Volume 31 Issue 4
Many researchers have studied the structural performance of bolted connection with aluminum alloys and design specifications for in-plane fracture (net-section, bearing and block shear fractures) of bolted connection have been improved by their study results. However, it can be known from study results conducted by Kim et al. that curling (out-of-plane deformation) could be negative effect (strength reduction) on ultimate strength of single shear bolted connection fabricated with 3.0mm thick aluminum alloy(6061-T6) plate. Strength reduction for curled single shear specimens obtained from the comparison of test results for double shear bolted connections ranged from 4% to 30%. In this paper, additional experiments are performed in order to investigate the influence of curling on ultimate strength and curling occurrence condition for 4.0mm thick bolted connection. Main variables are end distance and edge distance. In all specimens, strength reduction by curling was observed. Strengths obtained from test results were compared with design strengths predicted by AISI (American Iron and Steel Institute) and AAA (American Aluminum Association) design rules. Bearing factor considering curling effect and hole deformation limit was discussed.
- Brungraber RJ, Clark JW. Strength of welded aluminum columns. Journal of Structural Division, ASCE 1960.
- Aluminum Association, Aluminum Design Manual, Washington (DC): The Aluminum Association, 2000.
- Aluminum Association, Aluminum Design Manual, Washington (DC): The Aluminum Association, 2010.
- Eurocode 9: Design of aluminum structures -Part 1-1: General rules -General rules and rules for buildings, DD ENV 1999-1-1, EC9., 2000.
- Aluminum Association of Japan. Recommendation for the design of aluminum alloy structures. Tokyo. 2007.
- Chung K.R., Um K.H., Structural design and construction of aluminum dome for Yong-san station, Korean association of spatial structures, 4(4), 15-19, 2004.
- Kim J.R. Rasmussen, Jacques Rondal, Strength curves for aluminium alloy columns, Engineering Structures 23, 2000, 1505-1517.
- Zhu JH, Young B. Experimental investigation of aluminum alloy circular hollow section columns. Engineering Structures, 28(2), 2006, 207-215. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engstruct.2005.07.012
- Kim Y. and Pekoz T., Ultimate flexural strength of aluminum sections, Thin-walled Structures, 48, 2010, 857-865.
- M. Manganiello, G. De Matteis, R. Landolfo, Inelastic flexural strength of aluminium alloys structures, Engineering Structures, 28(4), 2006, 593-608. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engstruct.2005.09.014
- Mei-Ni Su, Ben Young, Leroy Gardner, Deformation-based design of aluminium alloy beams, Engineering Structures, 80(1), 2014, 339-349. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engstruct.2014.08.034
- Menzemer C.C., Ortiz-Morgado R.,Iascone R., Srivatsan T. S., An Investigation of the bearing strength of three aluminum alloys, Materials Science and Engineering A327, 2002, 203-212.
- T.N. Chakherlou, M.J. Razavi, A.B. Aghdam, and B. Abazadeh, An experimental investigation of the bolt clamping force and friction effect on the fatigue behavior of aluminum alloy 2024-T3 double shear lap joint, Materials and Design, 32, 2011, 4641-4649. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matdes.2011.04.022
- 김태수, 박판 알루미늄 합금(6061-T6) 볼트접합부의 구조적 거동에 관한 실험적 연구, 대한건축학회 논문집 구조계 : v.29 n.6, p.p. 49-56, 2013.
- 김태수, 최윤철, 김태수, 알루미늄 합금(6061-T6) 전단접합 방법에 따른 볼트접합부의 구조거동의 비교, 대한건축학회논문집 구조계 : v.29 n.11, p.p. 13-20, 2013.
- American Iron and Steel Institute (AISI), (2012), "North A merican Specification for the Design of Cold-Formed Steel Structural Members, AISI S100-12, Washington D.C., USA.
- Korean Standard(KS), Aluminum and aluminum alloy shee ts and plates, strips and coiled sheets, Korean Standards, KS D 6701, Seoul, Korea, 2003.
연구 과제 주관 기관 : 경남과학기술대학교