- Volume 31 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
A Study on Classification of Apartment Complexes Using Spatial Analysis Technique - Focused on Pedestrian Circulation in Apartment Complex -
공간분석을 이용한 아파트단지의 유형화 방안에 관한 연구 - 단지 내 보행동선 체계의 관점에서 -
- Byun, Nahyang ;
- Kim, Minseok
- 변나향 ;
- Received : 2015.01.20
- Accepted : 2015.04.08
- Published : 2015.04.30
The classification of apartment complex used to be done by building shape, layout, and system of circulation in the complex, which are from a form-based perspective. Layout 'form' of housing complex is directly influenced by physical & legal condition of the site, leading to lower relation to resident's living pattern. Thus, it is necessary to set criteria for classification of apartment complex reflecting resident's living pattern. Spatial analysis technique represented by Space Syntax is well known to explain the human behavior in architectural and urban space. The purpose of this study is to set the criteria for classification of apartment complex using spatial analysis technique and to apply it to classification of actual apartment complexes. First, this study begins with reviewing basic design principles of housing complex and previous studies. Next, criteria are defined based on the characteristics of spatial structure in apartment complex by applying Space Syntax. In order to measure the spatial structure of apartment complex, 'integration' index is mainly used. Mean, standard deviation, skewness and kurtosis value were derived from the distribution of integration values and verified as classification criteria. Finally, we carry out the classification of actual apartment complexes based on the criteria proposed in this study and the validity and effectiveness of the classification are checked and discussed through the characteristics of the spatial configuration of the cases.
Apartment Complex;Classification;Spatial Configuration;Spatial Analysis;Space Syntax;Skewness
- 공동주택연구회(2007) 주거단지계획, 동녘
- 김철수(2007) 단지계획, 기문당
- 김민석, 조선시대 사찰배치의 위상학적 유형에 관한 연구, 대한건축학회 논문집(계획계), 23(6), 2007.
- 김철수, 김효준, 공동주택단지 보행공간의 주민만족도 분석, 한국주거학회논문집, 22(2), 2011
- 류근관, 통계학, 법문사, 2003.
- 변나향, 아파트단지 외부공간의 시기별 공간구조 분석, 서울대학교 석사학위논문, 2009
- 이규인, 이광노, 주거단지 동선체계 유형별 주거환경의 평가에 관한 연구, 대한건축학회논문집, 9(9), 1993
- 이석문, 김원필, 함정도, 고층아파트의 주거동 배치유형에 따른 개방적 특성 분석 연구-점형, 평행형, 중정형 배치형식을 중심으로, 대한건축학회논문집(계획계), 21(9), 2005
- 최재필, 조형규, 최현철, 조영진, 확률과정에 기초한 ERAM 이론의 재해석 및 검증, 대한건축학회논문집(계획계), 20(11), 2004
- Alexander, C., A city is not a Tree, Architectural Forum, 122, 1965.
- Choi, J., Kim, M., Byun, N., Quantitative Analysis on the Spatial Configuration of Korean Apartment Complexes, Journal of Asian Architecture and Building Engineering, 12(2), 2013.
- Hanson, J., Decoding Homes and Houses, Cambridge University Press, 1998.
- Hillier, B., Penn, A., Hanson, J., Grajewski, T., Xu, J., Natural movement: or, configuration and attraction in urban pedestrian movement, Environment and Planning B, 20(1), 1993.
- Orhun, D., Hillier, B., Hanson, J., Spatial types in traditional Turkish house, Environment & Planning B, 22(4), 1995.
Supported by : 부경대학교