- Volume 39 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Evaluation of Mechanical Property for Pb-free Solder/Ni Plate Joints with Artificial Aging Time
인공시효시간에 따른 Ni 기판 Pb-free 솔더접합부의 기계적 물성평가
- Park, So Young (School of Mechanical System Engineering, Chonbuk Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Yang, Sung Mo (School of Mechanical System Engineering, Chonbuk Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Yu, Hyo Sun (School of Mechanical System Engineering, Chonbuk Nat'l Univ.)
- Received : 2014.03.05
- Accepted : 2015.02.28
- Published : 2015.05.01
Thus far, solders used in electronics remain lead-based. Pb-free solutions in electronic components and systems are receiving increased attention in the semiconductor and electronics industries. Pb-free materials currently in used are Sn-37Pb, Sn-4Ag and Sn-4Ag-0.5Cu/Ni plate joints. In this study, solder alloys were used at high temperatures for artificial aging processing that was performed at
Pb-free Solder Joint;SP Test(Shear-Punch Test);Artificial Aging;Shear Strength;Total Fracture Energy
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Yang, Chaoran., Song, Fubin. and Ricky Lee, S.W., 2014, "Impact of Ni Concentration on the Intermetallic Compound Formation and Brittle Fracture Strength of Sn-Cu-Ni (SCN) Lead-free Solder Joints," Microelectronics Reliability, Vol. 54, pp. 435-446. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.microrel.2013.10.005
- Yang, S. T., Chung Y. C. and Kim, Y. H., 2002, "Intermetallic Formation Between Sn-Ag Based Solder Bump and Ni Pad in BGA Package," Journal of the Microelectronics & Packaging Society, Vol. 9, No. 2, pp. 1-9.
- Ha, B. R., 2012, "Evaluation of Mechanical Property for Pb-free Solder/Ni and Cu Plate Joints with Reflow Time," A Master's Thesis, Chonbuk National University.
- Choi, S. K., Yang, S.M. and Yu, H. S., 2011, "A Study on Evaluation of Shear Strength for Pb-free Solder Joint with Ni-P/Au UBM," KSMTE, Vol. 20, No. 2.
- Choi, W. K. and Lee, H. M., 2002, "Prediction of Primary Intermetallic Compound Formation During Interfacial Reaction Between Sn-based Solder and Ni Substrate," Scripta Materialia, 46, pp. 777-781. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1359-6462(02)00074-X
- Seo, S. K., Kang, S. K., Shin, D. U. and Lee, H. M., 2009, "The Evolution of Microstructure and Microhardness of Sn-Ag and Sn-Cu Solders During High Temperature Aging," Microelectronics Reliability, pp. 246-251.
- Sharif, A., Islam, M. N. and Chan, Y. C., 2004, "Interfacial Reactions of BGA Sn-3.5%Ag-0.5%Cu and Sn-3.5%Ag Solders During High-temperature Aging with Ni/Au Metallization," Materials Science and Engineering B 113, pp.184-189. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0921-5107(04)00406-4
- Chen, W. M., Closkey, P. M. and Mathuna, S. C., 2006, "Isothermal Aging Effects on the Microstructure and Solder Bump Shear Strength of Eutectic Sn37Pb and Sn3.5Ag Solders," Microelectronics Reliability, pp. 155-160.
- Hiroshi, N., Akira K. and Tadashi T., 2006, "Joint Strength Between Sn-Ag Based Lead-free Solder and Cu Pad by Ball Shear Test," Transaction of JWRI, Vol. 35, No. 2.
- Bi, Jinglin., Hu, Anmin., Hu, Jing., Luo, Tingbi., Li, Ming. and Mao, Dali., 2011, "Effect of Cr Additions on Interfacial Reaction Between the Sn-Zn-Bi Solder and Cu/electroplated Ni Substrates," Microelectronics Reliability, pp. 361-369.
- Kim, S. A., 2012, "Establishment of Optimal Design Conditions Through Artificial Aging and Hightemperature Strength Evaluation of Pb-free Solder Joints for Electronic Components," A Master's Thesis, Chonbuk National University.
- Li, G. Y., Chen, B. L., Shi, X. Q., Wang, C. K. and Wang, Z. F., 2006, "Effects of Sb Addition on Tensile Strength of Sn-3.5Ag-0.7Cu Solder Alloy and Joint," Thin Solid Films 504.
- Yang, Z., 2012, "The Evaluation of Creep Property for Lead-free Solder Joints of Sn-Ag and Sn-Ag-Cu Alloy System," A Master's Thesis, Chonbuk National University.