- Volume 39 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Real-time Simultaneous Localization and Mapping (SLAM) for Vision-based Autonomous Navigation
영상기반 자동항법을 위한 실시간 위치인식 및 지도작성
- Lim, Hyon (Dept. of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Seoul Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Lim, Jongwoo (Division of Computer Science and Engineering, Hanyang Univ.) ;
- Kim, H. Jin (Dept. of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Seoul Nat'l Univ.)
- Received : 2014.07.03
- Accepted : 2015.03.12
- Published : 2015.05.01
In this paper, we propose monocular visual simultaneous localization and mapping (SLAM) in the large-scale environment. The proposed method continuously computes the current 6-DoF camera pose and 3D landmarks position from video input. The proposed method successfully builds consistent maps from challenging outdoor sequences using a monocular camera as the only sensor. By using a binary descriptor and metric-topological mapping, the system demonstrates real-time performance on a large-scale outdoor dataset without utilizing GPUs or reducing input image size. The effectiveness of the proposed method is demonstrated on various challenging video sequences.
Simultaneous Localization and Mapping;Autonomous Navigation
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Geiger, A., Lenz, P. and Urtasun, R., 2012, "Are We Ready for Autonomous Driving? the Kitti Vision Benchmark Suite," in CVPR. IEEE, pp. 3354-3361.
- Davison, A. J., 2003, "Real-time Simultaneous Localisation and Mapping with a Single Camera," in ICCV. IEEE, pp. 1403-1410.
- Klein, G. and Murray, D., 2007, "Parallel Tracking and Mapping for Small AR Workspaces," in ISMAR. IEEE.
- Strasdat, H., Montiel, J. and Davison, A., 2010, "Scale Drift-Aware Large Scale Monocular Slam," in Proceedings of Robotics: Science and Systems (RSS), p. 5.
- Strasdat, H., Montiel, J. and Davison, A. J., 2010, "Real-time Monocular Slam: Why Filter?" in ICRA. IEEE, pp. 2657-2664.
- Nister, D., Naroditsky, O. and Bergen, J., 2004, "Visual Odometry," in CVPR IEEE, 2004., Vol. 1, pp. 1-652.
- Mouragnon, E., Lhuillier, M., Dhome, M., Dekeyser, F. and Sayd, P., 2006, "Real Time Localization and 3D Reconstruction," in CVPR IEEE, Vol. 1, pp. 363-370.
- Konolige, K. and Agrawal, M., 2008, "Frameslam: from Bundle Adjustment to Real-time Visual Mapping," Robotics, IEEE Transactions on, Vol. 24, No. 5, pp. 1066-1077. https://doi.org/10.1109/TRO.2008.2004832
- Snavely, N., Seitz, S. M. and Szeliski, R., 2008, "Skeletal Graphs for Efficient Structure from Motion," in CVPR, Vol. 2.
- Kuemmerle, R., Grisetti, G., Strasdat, H., Konolige, K. and Burgard, W., 2011, "g2o: A General Framework for Graph Optimization," in ICRA.
- Lim, J., Frahm, J.-M. and Pollefeys, M., 2011, "Online Environment Mapping," in CVPR. IEEE, pp. 3489-3496.
- Strasdat, H., Davison, A. J., Montiel, J. and Konolige, K., 2011, "Double Window Optimisation for Constant Time Visual Slam," in ICCV. IEEE, pp. 2352-2359.
- Engels, C., Stewenius, H. and Nister, D., 2006, "Bundle Adjustment Rules," Photogrammetric Computer Vision, Vol. 2.
- Cummins, M. and Newman, P., 2008, "Fab-map: Probabilistic Localization and Mapping in the Space of Appearance," The International Journal of Robotics Research, Vol. 27, No. 6, pp. 647-665. https://doi.org/10.1177/0278364908090961
- Nister, D. and Stewenius, H., 2006, "Scalable Recognition with a Vocabulary Tree," in CVPR. IEEE.
- Calonder, M., Lepetit, V., Strecha, C. and Fua, P., 2010, "Brief: Binary Robust Independent Elementary Features," Computer Vision-ECCV 2010, pp. 778-792.
- Galvez-Lopez, D. and Tardos, J. D., 2011, "Realtime Loop Detection with Bags of Binary Words," in IROS. IEEE, pp. 51-58.
- Williams, B. and Reid, I., 2010, "On Combining Visual Slam and Visual Odometry," in Robotics and Automation (ICRA), 2010 IEEE International Conference on. IEEE, pp. 3494-3500.
- Mei, C., Sibley, G., Cummins, M., Newman, P. and Reid, I., 2011, "Rslam: A System for Large-Scale Mapping in Constant-time Using Stereo," International Journal of Computer Vision, Vol. 94, No. 2, pp. 198-214. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11263-010-0361-7
- Rosten, E. and Drummond, T., 2006, "Machine Learning for High-speed Corner Detection," in ECCV. Springer,
- Lowe, D. G., 2004, "Distinctive Image Features from Scale-Invariant Keypoints," IJCV, Vol. 60, No. 2, pp. 91-110. https://doi.org/10.1023/B:VISI.0000029664.99615.94
- Bay, H., Tuytelaars, T. and Van Gool, L., 2006, "Surf: Speeded up Robust Features," in ECCV. Springer, pp. 404-417.
- Lucas, B. D., Kanade, T., 1981, "An Iterative Image Registration Technique with an Application to Stereo Vision." in IJCAI, Vol. 81, pp. 674-679.
- Nister, D., 2004, "An Efficient Solution to the Five-point Relative Pose Problem," PAMI, Vol. 26, No. 6, pp. 756-770. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPAMI.2004.17
- Fischler, M. A. and Bolles, R. C., 1981, "Random Sample Consensus: A Paradigm for Model Fitting with Applications to Image Analysis and Automated Cartography," Communications of the ACM, Vol. 24, No. 6, pp. 381-395. https://doi.org/10.1145/358669.358692
- Kneip, L., Scaramuzza, D. and Siegwart, R., 2011, "A Novel Parametrization of the Perspective-Threepoint Problem for a Direct Computation of Absolute Camera Position and Orientation," in CVPR. IEEE, pp. 2969-2976.
- Lim, J., Frahm, J.-M. and Pollefeys, M., 2012, "Online Environment Mapping Using Metrictopological Maps," The International Journal of Robotics Research, Vol. 31, No. 12, pp. 1394-1408. https://doi.org/10.1177/0278364912461455
- Agarwal, S., Mierle, K. and Others, "Ceres Solver," https://code.google.com/p/ceres-solver/.
- Geiger, A., Ziegler, J. and Stiller, C., 2011, "Stereoscan: Dense 3d Reconstruction in Real-time," in Intelligent Vehicles Symposium (IV), IEEE, pp. 963-968.