- Volume 19 Issue 4
In this paper, a dual-band arc-shaped monopole antenna for WLAN(Wireless Local Area Networks) applications. The proposed antenna is based on CPW-fed structure, and composed of two-arc shaped of radiating patch and ground plane. To obtain the optimized parameters, we used the simulator, Ansoft's High Frequency Structure Simulator (HFSS) and found the parameters that greatly effect antenna characteristics. Using optimal parameters, the antenna is fabricated. The numerical and experiment results demonstrated that the propnosed antenna satisfied the -10 dB impedance bandwidth requirement while simultaneously covering the WLAN bands. And measured results of gain and radiation patterns characteristics displayed determined for opeating bands.
dual-band antenna;WLAN application;arc-shaped radiator;CPW-fed
- Warren L. Stutzman G. A. Thiele, Antenna Theory and Design, 3rd ed., Wiley, 2012.
- Girish Kumar and K. P. Ray, Broadband Microstrip Antennas, Artech House, 2003.
- J. B. Yoo, J. H. Jun, C. K. Ahn, W. C. Kim, and W. G. Yang, "Design and implementation of CPW-Fed UWB Monopole Antenna," Journal of Electromagnetic Engineering And Science, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 218-223, Feb. 2010.
- H. J. Lee, "Wide band monopole antenna by modified ground of coplanar waveguide," The Transactions of the Korean Institute of Electrical Engineers, vol. 60, no. 2, pp. 53-55, Jun. 2011. https://doi.org/10.5370/KIEEP.2011.60.2.053
- H. J. Lee and Y. M. Lim, "A Broadband monopole antenna with ring loop by modified ground plane," The Transactions of the Korean Institute of Electrical Engineers, vol. 61, no. 3, pp. 149-152, Mar. 2012. https://doi.org/10.5370/KIEEP.2012.61.3.149
- T. H. Yoo and T. H. Kim, "A CPW-Fed ultra-wideband planar monopole antenna for UHF band applications," The Journal of Korean Institute of Electromagnetic Engineering and Science, vol. 23, no. 7, pp. 761-767, Jul. 2012. https://doi.org/10.5515/KJKIEES.2012.23.7.761
- M. K. Yang, G. P. Gao, S. F. Niu, and J. S. Zhang, "Study of a compact ring Monopole UWB antenna with band- notched characteristic," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, vol. 54, no. 10, pp. 2387-2392, Oct. 2012. https://doi.org/10.1002/mop.27067
- T. I. Choi, B. K. Bum, and S. W. Lim, "Modified monopole antenna for multi resonance wideband," The Journal of the Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Sciences, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 53-57, Jun. 2008.
- S. W. Lee, N. Kim, and S. Y. Lee, "Design and fabrication of the antenna for Wibro and WLAN Communications Using CPWG structure," Journal of Electromagnetic Engineering And Science, vol. 19, no. 10, pp. 1086-1095, Oct. 2008.
- D. W. Han, G. T. Jung, C. H. Lee, H. C. Lee, and K. S. Kwak, "Design of an internal antenna for hepta-band Using CPW-fed," The Journal of Korea Information and Communications Society, vol. 33, no. 9, pp. 934-940, Sept. 2008.
- L. Zhang, Y- C. Jiao, G. Zhao, Y. Song, and F. S. Zhang, "Broadband dual band CPW-fed closed rectangualr ring monopole antenna with vertical strip for WLAN operations," Microwave Optical Technology Letters, vol. 50, no. 7, pp. 1929-1931, Jul. 2008. https://doi.org/10.1002/mop.23514
- C. K. Ham, J. W. Baik, and Y. S, Kim, "CPW-fed compact meander and L-shaped monopole antenna for dual band WLAN applications," Microwave Opt Technology Letters, vol. 50, no. 12, pp. 3147-3149, Dec. 2008. https://doi.org/10.1002/mop.23914
- T. L. Zhang, Z. H. Yan, Y. Song, and L. Chen, "Compact CPW-fed planar monopole antenna for dual band WLAN applications," Microwave Opt Technology Letters, vol. 51, no. 5, pp. 1377-1379, May, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1002/mop.24339
- Y. S. Seo, J. W. Jung, H. J. Lee, and Y. S. Lim, "Design of circualr monopole antenna with symmetrically folded stub for WLAN operation," Microwave Optical Technology Letters, vol. 54, no. 7, pp. 1549-1552, Jul. 2012. https://doi.org/10.1002/mop.26845
- J. H. Yoon, Y. C. Rhee, and Y. K. Jang, "A study on the rectangular ring open-ended monopole antenna with a vertical strip for WLAN dual band operations," Microwave Opt Technol Letters, vol. 55, no. 3 pp. 619-624, Mar. 2013.
- Y. S. Koo and D. S. Im, "Design and manufacture of modified ring antenna with stub and ground slot for WLAN applications", Journal of Information and Communication Convergence Engineering, vol. 17, no. 10, pp. 2285-2272, Oct. 2013.
- C. H. Bark, M. D. Kim, and H. K. Sung, "Design of compact microstrip patch antenna for WLAN of IEEE 802.11a," Journal of Korea Information Science, vol. 19, no.12, pp. 611-617, Dec. 2013.
- Q. Y. Zhang and Q. X. Chu, "Triple band dual rectangular ring printed monopole antenna for WLAN/WiMAX applications," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, vol. 51 no 21, pp. 2845-2848, Dec. 2009. https://doi.org/10.1002/mop.24773
- K. He, R. X. Wang, Y. F. Wang, and B.H. Sun, "Compact tri-band claw shaped monopole antenna for WLAN/ WiMAX applications," Journal of Electromagnetic and Waves Applications, vol. 25 no. 5-6, pp. 869-877, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1163/156939311794827104
- J. Pei, A. Wang, and W. Leng, "A novel arc shaped printed antenna for WLAN applications," Applied Mechanics and Materials, vol. 130-134, pp. 4006-4010, 2012.
- J. H. Lu and C.H. Yeh, "Planar broadband arc-shaped monopole antenna for UWB system," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 60, no. 7, pp. 3091-3095, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAP.2012.2196954
- M. Chongcheawchamnan, K. Meelarpkit, S. Julrat, C. Phongchareonpanich, and M. Krairiksh, "Extending bandwidth of a CPW-fed monopole antenna using circular arc structure," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, vol. no. 54, no. 6, pp. 1412-1415, Jun. 2012. https://doi.org/10.1002/mop.26815
- C. Wang, Z.H. Yan, and S. Li, "Compact ultra wideband CPW-fed fan shaped antenna with dual band notched using arc shaped slots," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, vol. 55, no. 2, pp. 368-371, Feb. 2013. https://doi.org/10.1002/mop.27328
- H. Q. Zhai, Z. H. Ma, Y. Han, and C. H. Liang, "A compact printed antenna for triple band WLAN/WiMAX applications," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, vol. 12, pp. 65-68, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/LAWP.2013.2238881
- Ansoft High Frequency Structure Simulator (HFSS) Version 10.0, Ansoft Corporation, 2005.