- Volume 19 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Design of a multi-band antenna for a mobile communication terminal with reconfiguration characteristic
재구성 특성을 갖는 다중대역 이동통신 단말기용 안테나의 설계 및 제작
Im, Dae-Soo;Kim, Ki-Rae;Yoon, Joong-Han
- Received : 2014.12.29
- Accepted : 2015.02.16
- Published : 2015.04.30
In this paper,a reconfigurable multi-band mobile antenna with switching line for LTE band 13, GSM, K-PCS, WCDMA band. The proposed antenna is planar strip line design and composed of stub shorted to the ground plane and two switching line for proposed band operation. To obtain the optimized parameters, we used the simulator, Using the obtained parameters is fabricated. The numerical and experiment results demonstrated that the proposed antenna satisfied the -6 dB impedance bandwidth requirement while simultaneously covering when the state of sw1 and sw2 on for LTE band 13, the state of sw1 off and sw2 on for GSM, K-PCS, the state of sw1 off and sw2 off for WCDMA. Respectively and characteristics of gain and radiation patterns are determined for a reconfigurable multi-band mobile terminal.
Reconfigurable antenna;Mobile communication terminal;Multi-band
- S. Y. Jyn, "4G mobile communication frequency usage and implications of major countries: Focused on LTE ", Policy of Broadcast Communication , vol. 23, no. 19, pp.1-22, Oct. 2011.
- S. K. Ahn, S. H. Choi, K. S. Kwak, "An internal multi-band antenna for mobile handset using two slots", The Journal of The Korea Institute of Intelligent Transport Systems, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 61-66, Feb. 2014. https://doi.org/10.12815/kits.2014.13.1.061
- D. H. Park, Y. S. Kwak, B. C. Ahn, "On the multi-band Microstrip patch antennas using slots in the feeding patch", The Journal of Korean Institute of Information Technology, vol. 4, no. 5, pp.7-11, 2006.
- C. I. Lin, "Printed monopole slot antenna for internal multiband mobile phone antenna", IEEE Transaction on Antenna and Propagation, vol. 55, no. 12, pp. 3690-3697, Dec. 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAP.2007.910345
- K. L. Wong, Y. W. Chi, S. Yang, "internal muti-band printed folded slot antenna for mobile phone application", Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, vol. 49, no. 8, pp. 1833-1837, Aug. 2007. https://doi.org/10.1002/mop.22602
- Y. W. Jang, H. S. Shin, C. Y. Lee, "Multi-band and high-gain printed antenna with a inserted parasitic patch", Journal of Institute of Electronics and Information Engineers, vol. 40, no. 4, pp. 83-87, 2003.
- B. W. Jung, H. Y. Lee, J. C. Lee, J. H. Kim, N. Y. Kim, B. J. Lee, M. J. Park, "Dualband internal antenna for GPS/PCS handset", Journal of Electromagnetic Engineering and Science, vol. 14, no. 6, pp. 550-557, Jun. 2003.
- C.T. Lee, K.L. Wong, "Planar monopole with a co -up ling feed and an inductive shorting strip for LTE/GSM/UMTS operation in the mobile phone", IEEE Transaction on Antenna and Propagation, vol. 58, no. 7, pp. 2479-2483, Jul. 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAP.2010.2048878
- H. W. Liu, S.Y. Lin, and C. F. Yang, "Compact inverted-F antenna with meander shorting strip for laptop computer WLAN applicaions", IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, vol. 10, pp.540-543, May 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/LAWP.2011.2157887
- T. H. Son, "Branch loop antenna for the mobile handset", The Journal of The Korea Institute of Intelligent Transport Systems, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 58-65, 2012.
- T. H. Son, "Multi-current distributed folded monopole antenna for triple band mobile phone handset", Journal of Electromagnetic Engineering and Science, vol. 18, no. 10, pp. 1189-1195, 2007.
- W. J. Liao, S. H. Chang, L. K. Li, "A compact planar multiband antenna for integrated mobile devices", Progress In Electromagnetics Research, vol. 109, pp. 1-16, 2010. https://doi.org/10.2528/PIER10083001
- Y. W. Jang, "A circular microstrip-fed single-layer single-slot antenna for multi-band mobile communications", Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, vol. 37, no. 1, pp. 59-62, Apr. 2003. https://doi.org/10.1002/mop.10824
- Y. Sung, "Compact quad-band reconfigurable antenna for mobile handset applications", Electron. Letters, vol. 48, no. 16, pp.977-979, Aug. 2012. https://doi.org/10.1049/el.2012.2112
- Y. K. Park and Y. Sung, "A reconfigurable antenna for quad -band mobile handset applications", IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagation, vol. 60, no. 6, pp. 300-3006, Jun. 2012.
- Y. Li, Z. Zhang, J. Zheng, Z. Feng and M. F. Iskander, "A compact hepta-band loop-inverted F reconfigurable antenna for mobile handset", IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagation, vol. 60, no. 1, pp. 389-392, Jan. 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAP.2011.2167949
- Y. K. Park, Y. J. Sung, "A Reconfigurable Antenna for Quad-Band Mobile Handset Application", Journal of Electromagnetic Engineering and Science, Vol. 23, No. 5, pp. 570-582, 2012.
- S. G. Hwang, H. D. Park, "A Study on Frequency Reconfigurable Antenna using a PIN-Diode", Korea Information and Communications Society Conference, Vol. 12, No. 11, pp. 53-54, 2012.
- Ansoft Corporation High Frequency Strecture Simulator (HFSS),Available; http://www.ansoft.com/products/hf/hfss