- Volume 19 Issue 4
In order to support reliable medium access control (MAC) layer multicast services in Broadband Wireless Access (BWA) networks, we here propose spreading codes (Cumulative ACK (CA) code and ARQ Feedback Request (AFR) code) based reliable multicast feedback scheme. The status indications based on the automatic repeat request (ARQ) mechanism are needed in some multicast services. In accordance with various wireless channel environments, we demonstrate the performance excellency of our proposed scheme with respect to required uplink resources compared with the original feedback scheme based on unicast ARQ feedback messages. In addition, we analyze packet error rate (PER) against the various wireless channel environments.
Spreading Code;Reliable Multicast Service;Feedback Scheme;automatic repeat request (ARQ)
- A. Osseiran, et al., "Scenarios for 5G Mobile and Wireless Communications: The Vision of the METIS Project," IEEE Commun. Mag., vol. 52, no. 5, pp. 26-35, May 2014.
- WiMAX Forum Technical Specification. (2010, April). WiMAX and the IEEE 802.16m Air Interface Standard. Available: http://www.wimax forum.org.
- WiMAX Forum Technical Specification. (2014, April). Mobile Radio Specifications Rel. 2.1. Available: http://www.wimaxforum.org.
- IEEE 802.16m-2011, IEEE Standard for Local and metropolitan area networks Part 16: Air Interface for Broadband Wireless Access Systems Amendment 3: Advanced Air Interface, May 2011.
- L.R. Lugand et al., "Parity retransmission hybrid ARQ using rate 1/2 convolutional codes on a nonstationary channel," IEEE T. Commun., vol. 37, no. 7, pp. 755-765, Jul. 1989. https://doi.org/10.1109/26.31168
- R.J. McEliece et al., "Channels with block interference," IEEE Trans. Inform. Theory, vol. 30, pp. 44-53, Jan. 1984. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIT.1984.1056848
- E. Kim et al. "Performance evaluation of data link protocol with adaptive frame length in satellite networks," IEICE T. Commun., vol. E87-B, no. 6, pp. 1730-1736, Jun. 2004.
- H. Lee et al. "Capacity Improvement and Analysis for VoIP Service in Cognitive Radio System," IEEE T. Veh. Tech., vol. 59, no. 4, pp. 1646-1651, May 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TVT.2009.2039503
- H. Lee et al., "An Enhanced Uplink Scheduling Algorithm Based on Voice Activity for VoIP Services in IEEE 802.16d/e System," IEEE Commun. Letters, vol. 9, no. 8, pp. 216-218, Aug. 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/LCOMM.2005.03007
Supported by : 한국연구재단