- Volume 19 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
NoCOM: Near-Optimal Cell Outage Management for Guaranteeing User QoS
사용자 서비스 품질 보장을 위한 근접-최적 셀 아웃티지 관리 기법
- Received : 2015.03.01
- Accepted : 2015.04.06
- Published : 2015.04.30
To manage cell outage problem in indoor wireless communication systems, we should resolve the problem of abrupt network failure quickly. In this paper, we propose a near-optimal cell outage management (NoCOM) scheme to support seamless services to users. In consideration of system throughput, user fairness, and the guarantee of QoS simultaneously, the NoCOM scheme finds the solution of subchannel and power allocations using a non-convex optimization technique and allocates radio resources to users iteratively. Through intensive simulations, we verify the outstanding performances of the proposed NoCOM scheme with respect to the average cell capacity, user fairness, and computational complexity.
Wireless Network Reliability;Cell Outage Management;Indoor Wireless Communication Systems;User QoS
- A. Osseiran, et al., "Scenarios for 5G mobile and wireless communications: the vision of the METIS project," IEEE Commun. Mag., vol. 52, no. 5, pp. 26-35, May 2014.
- K. Lee, et al., "CoBRA: cooperative beamforming based resource allocation for self-healing in SON-based indoor mobile communication system," IEEE Tran. Wireless Commun., vol. 12, no. 11, pp. 5520-5528, Nov. 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/TWC.2013.092013.121429
- T. Kurner, et al., "Final report on self-organisation and its implications in wireless access networks," FP7 SOCRATES, pp. 1-135, Jan. 2010.
- M. Amirijoo, et al., "Effectiveness of cell outage compensation in LTE networks," in Proc. IEEE Consumer Communications and Networking Conference, pp. 642-647, Jan. 2011.
- M. Amirijoo, et al., "Cell outage compensation in LTE networks: algorithms and performance assessment," in Proc. IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference, pp. 1-5, May 2011.
- V. Chandrasekhar and J. Andrews, "Femtocell networks: a survey," IEEE Commun. Mag., vol. 46, no. 9, pp. 59-67, Sep. 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/MCOM.2008.4623708
- 3GPP, Physical layer aspects of UTRA high speed downlink packet access, Mar. 2001.
- E. Damosso, et al., "Digital mobile radio towards future generation systems," Cost 231 Final Report, 1999.
- R. Jain, et al., "A quantitative measure of fairness and discrimination for resource allocation in shared computer system," Technical Report 301, Digital Equipment Corporation, Sept. 1984.
Supported by : 한국연구재단