- Volume 19 Issue 4
In RFID system, when multiple tags respond simultaneously, a collision can occur. A method that solves this collision is referred as anti-collision algorithm. In 13.56MHz RFID system of Auto-ID center, STAC protocol is defined as an anti-collision algorithm for multiple tag reading. The PS algorithm divides the tags within the identification range of reader into smaller groups by increasing the transmission power incrementally and identifies them. In this paper, we propose a STAC/PS algorithm that the PS algorithm is applied in the STAC protocol. Through simulations, it is demonstrated that the collision rate for the proposed algorithm is about 50% lower than STAC protocol. Therefore, the STAC/PS algorithm can achieve faster tag identification speed compared with STAC protocol due to the low collision rate.
RFID;Anti-collision algorithm;STAC protocol;PS algorithm
- W. Chen, and G. Lin, "An Efficient Anti-Collision Method for Tag Identification in a RFID System," IEICE Trans Commun., vol.E89-B, no.12, pp.3386-3392, Dec. 2006. https://doi.org/10.1093/ietcom/e89-b.12.3386
- EPCglobal, "EPC Radio-Frequency Identity Protocols Class-1 Generation-2 UHF RFID Protocols for Communication at 860 MHz-960MHz, Ver.1.2.0," EPCGlobal Inc., Oct. 2008.
- ISO/IEC, "Information Technology - Radio Frequency Identification for Item Management - Part 6: Parameters for Air Interface Communication at 860-960 MHz, 18000-6," ISO/IEC, 2006.
- Auto-ID Center, "860MHz-930MHz Class 0 Radio Frequency Identification Tag Protocol Specification Candidate Recommendation, Version 1.0.0," June 2003.
- W. Su, N. V. Alchazidis, and T. T. Ha, "Multiple RFID Tags Access Algorithm," IEEE Trans. Mobile Computing, vol.9, no.2, pp.174-187, Feb. 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMC.2009.106
- Auti-ID Center, "13.56MHz ISM Band Class 1 Rafio Frequency Identificatin Tag Interface Specification: Candidate Recommendation, Version 1.0.0," May 2003.
- I. Lim, "Performance Improvement of STAC Protocol by Early Release of Reply Round and Transmission Probability Control", Journal of KIICE, vol.17, no.11, pp.2569-2574, Nov. 2013.
- M. H. MacDaugall, Simulating Computer Systems Techniques and Tools, MIT Press, 1987.
Supported by : 부산외국어대학교