- Volume 19 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Design and Implementation of Secure Vehicle Communication Protocols for WAVE Communication Systems
WAVE 통신 시스템을 위한 차량 보안 통신 프로토콜의 설계 및 구현
Park, Seung-Peom;Ahn, Jae-Won;Kim, Eun-Gi
- Received : 2015.02.13
- Accepted : 2015.03.18
- Published : 2015.04.30
The WAVE(Wireless Access in Vehicular Environments) communication system supports wireless communication environments between vehicles. As the utilization of wireless communication has been increased, attack methods have been varied. There is a high risk on packet manipulations conducted by third party. In this paper, we have designed a secure communication protocol between CA and vehicles. Our designed protocol uses a ECIES(Elliptic Curve Integrated Encryption Scheme) for vehicle authentication and AES(Advanced Encryption Standard) algorithm for protecting packet integrity and confidentiality.
- S.S. Lee, "Vehicle Communication International Standardization Trend", The Korean Institute of Communications and Information Sciences(Information & Communications Magazine), vol.29,no.2,pp. 3-10, 2012.
- M.Y. Bang, I.J. Jang. ""Act on the construction of a ubiquitous city" revised direction from the point of view of the traffic information business", CEO Report 2008, No.13, pp.1-22.
- S.Y. Lee, H.G. Jeong, S.H. Yoon, and K.T. Lim, "Development Trend of WAVE System for the C-ITS Communication", Korea Electronics Technology Institute.
- Y.C. Lee, H.J. Seo, H.W. Kim, "The Efficient AES-CCM Architecture for a hardware library in the WAVE", Journal of the Korea Institute of Information and Communication Engineering, Vol. 17, No. 12 : 2899-2905 Dec. 2013. https://doi.org/10.6109/jkiice.2013.17.12.2899
- Behrouz A. Forouzan, Shphia Chung Fegan, "Data communications and Networking", 4rd Ed., pp.943-945, 952-954, McGraw Hill, 2007.
- National Internet Development Agency of Korea activation password using the official site. Available: http://seed.kisa.or.kr/.
- C. Krishana Kumar, G. Jai Arul Jose, C. Sajeev and C.Suyambulingom, "Safety measures against man-in-the-middle attack in key exchange" ARPN Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences, Vol. 7, No. 2, Feb 2012.
- David J. Malan, Matt Welsh, Michael D. Smith, "A Public-Key Infrastructure for Key Distribution in TinyOS Based on Elliptic Curve Cryptography", IEEE 4-7, pp.71-80, Oct. 2004,
- Dan Boneh and Igor E. Shparlinski "On the Unpredictability of Bits of the Elliptic Curve Diffie-Hellman Scheme", Lecture Notes in Computer Science Vol 2139, 2001, pp.201-212, Aug 2001.
- Gavin Lowe "An attack on the Needham-Schroeder public-key authentication protocol" Information Processing Letters 56 (1995) pp.131-133. https://doi.org/10.1016/0020-0190(95)00144-2
- K.C Shin, "A Robust and Secure Remote User Authentication Scheme Preserving User Anonymity", Journal of the Society of Korea e-commerce Aritcle 18 No.2, Apr 2013.
- Junichiro Saito, Kouichi Sakurai, "Grouping proof for RFID tags", IEEE 28-30 , pp.621-624, Vol.2, Mar 2005.
- RFC 4347, Datagram Transport Layer Security, E.Rescorla, N. Modadugu, Apr 2006.
- R. J. Benice, A. H. Frey, "An Analysis of Retransmission Systems", IEEE, Vol.12 pp.135-145, Jun 2003.
- Zilhaz Jalal Chowdhury, Davar Pishva, G. G. D. Nishantha "AES and Confidentiality from the Inside Out", IEEE 7-10, pp.1587-1591, Vol.2, Feb 2010.
- Design and implementation of TELNET protocol supporting security functionalities vol.20, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.6109/jkiice.2016.20.4.769
- WAVE Communication-based V2I Channel Modeling vol.40, pp.10, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5916/jkosme.2016.40.10.899
- A Secure and Efficient V2V Authentication Method in Heavy Traffic Environment vol.93, pp.1, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1007/s11277-016-3884-6
Supported by : 한국연구재단, 중소기업청