- Volume 19 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Implementation of Academic Journal Map based on Electronic Cultural Atlas using Google Maps
구글맵스 전자문화지도 기반의 학술지 지도 구현
Kang, Ji-Hoon;Moon, Sang-Ho
- Received : 2015.01.06
- Accepted : 2015.02.16
- Published : 2015.04.30
With the growing interests in ICT convergence, interdisciplinary researches are still actively discussed and studied today such as cultural atlas DB, electronic cultural atlas. Electronic cultural atlas can show various cultural aspects on the map by using point, line, polygon, and so on. Users can obtain the informations connected to the three values through manipulating theme, spatial and time values. In this regard, text information can be visualized as various ways like point, line, and polygon on the map. This can make the user get information effectively by usability, accessibility and immediacy of the system. In this paper, we implemented academic journal map system based on the electronic cultural atlas using Google Maps. This system supports various journals information services based on electronic cultural atlas and can be used efficiently as a tool for academic trends analysis. Also, it provides academic material through visualization of information based on the map. In detail, it can be utilized as the foundations for research of Humanities and Area Studies.
Academic Journal Map;Electronic Cultural Atlas;Knowledge Maps;Humanities·Area Studies
- Mun Hyun Jang, Jeong Rock Lee, "Establishment of Three-Dimensional Geospatial Information based Historical and Cultural Information System in the Seomjin River Area -Focused on Application of Google Earth Plug-in and API-", The Korean Association of Professional Geographers, vol. 45, no.3, pp. 323-335, Sep. 2011.
- Ji-Hoon Kang, Sang-HoMoon, "Research on Knowledge Map using Electronic Cultural Atlas", Conference on information and communication engineering, vol. 18, no. 6, pp. 1249-1254, Jun. 2014.
- Woo Hyuk Im, Yang Won Lee, Yong Cheol Suh, "Development of a Web-Based Geovisualization System using Google Earth and Spatial DBMS", Korea Spatial Information Society, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 141-149, Oct. 2010.
- Ji-Hoon Kang, Sang-HoMoon, "Design and Implementation of Electronic Culture Atlas Based on Google Earth", Conference on information and communication engineering, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 239-246, Feb. 2014.
- Kim Jong-Hyuk, "The Digitalized Cultural Atlas As a New Research Method for the Humanities in the Era of Digital", Korean Studies Advancement Center, vol. 12, pp. 263-290, Jun. 2008.
Supported by : 한국연구재단