- Volume 19 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
A Small-area Hardware Design of 128-bit Lightweight Encryption Algorithm LEA
128비트 경량 블록암호 LEA의 저면적 하드웨어 설계
Sung, Mi-Ji;Shin, Kyung-Wook
- Received : 2015.02.23
- Accepted : 2015.04.06
- Published : 2015.04.30
This paper describes an efficient hardware design of Lightweight Encryption Algorithm (LEA) developed by National Security Research Institute(NSRI). The LEA crypto-processor supports for master key of 128-bit. To achieve small-area and low-power implementation, an efficient hardware sharing is employed, which shares hardware resources for encryption and decryption in round transformation block and key scheduler. The designed LEA crypto-processor was verified by FPGA implementation. The LEA core synthesized with Xilinx ISE has 1,498 slice elements, and the estimated throughput is 216.24 Mbps with 135.15 MHz.
Lightweight Encryption Algorithm;LEA;IoT Security;Information Security;Secret Key Encryption
- Dong-hui Kim et al, "Security for IoT Service", Journal of Korea Institute of Communication and Information Services, vol. 30, no. 8, pp.53, July 2013.
- Chang-seop Park, "Cryptography and Security", Daeyoung Press, 1999.
- W. Stalling, Cryptography and Network Security, Prentice Hall, 1999.
- FIPS Publication 197, "Advanced Encryption Standard (AES)," U.S. Doc/NIST
- Dong-hyeon Kim and Kyung-wook Shin, "An Efficient Hardware Implementation of ARIA Block Cipher Algorithm Supporting Four Modes of Operation and Three Master key Lengths", Journal of Korea Institute of Information and Communication Engineering, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 2517-2524, 2012. 11. https://doi.org/10.6109/jkiice.2012.16.11.2517
- Hae-won Park and Kyung-wook Shin, "An efficient hardware implementation of 64-bit block cipher algorithm HIGHT", Journal of Korea Institute of Information and Communication Engineering, vol. 15, no. 호, pp. 1993- 1999, 2011. 9. https://doi.org/10.6109/jkiice.2011.15.9.1993
- Donggeon Lee et al, "Efficient Hardware Implementation of the Lightweight Block Encryption Algorithm LEA", Sensors, pp. 982-983, 2014.
- T. Akishita and H. Hiwatari, "Very Compact Hardware Implementations of the Blockcipher CLEFIA", in Selected Areas in Cryptography-SAC 2011, ser. LNCS, vol. 7118, pp. 278-292, Springer-Verlag, 2012.
- E. B. Kavun and T. Yalcin, "RAM-Based Ultra-Lightweight FPGA Implementation of PRESENT," in International Conference on Reconfigurable Computing and FPGAs- ReConFig 2011, IEEE Computer Society, pp. 280-285, 2011.
- Telecommunications Technology Association, "128-Bit Block Cipher LEA", TTA Standard, TTAK.KO-12.0223, 2013.
Grant : 사물인터넷 기반 영상보안용 초저전력 SoC 핵심 IP 기술 개발
Supported by : 산업통상자원부