- Volume 19 Issue 4
This paper has analyzed threshold voltage shift for doping profile of asymmetric double gate(DG) MOSFET. Ion implantation is usually used in process of doping for semiconductor device and doping profile becomes Gaussian distribution. Gaussian distribution function is changed for projected range and standard projected deviation, and influenced on transport characteristics. Therefore, doping profile in channel of asymmetric DGMOSFET is affected in threshold voltage. Threshold voltage is minimum gate voltage to operate transistor, and defined as top gate voltage when drain current is
asymmetric double gate;threshold voltage;doping profile;Poisson equation;Gaussian distribution function
- G. Deng and C. Chen, "Binary Multiplication Using Hybrid MOS and Multi-Gate Single-Electron Transistors", IEEE Trans. on VLSI systems, vol.21, no.9, pp.1573-1582, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/TVLSI.2012.2217993
- P. Zhang, E. Jacques, R. Rogel and O. Bonnaud, "P-type and N-type multi-gate polycrystalline silicon vertical thin film transistors based on low-temperature," Solid-state electronics, vol.86, no.1, pp.1-5, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sse.2013.04.021
- S. Jandhyala and S. Mahapatra,"Inclusion of body doping in compact models for fully-depleted common double gate MOSFET adapted to gate-oxide thickness asymmetry", Electronics Lett., vol.48, no.13, pp.794-795, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1049/el.2012.1295
- R. Vaddi, S. Dasgupta and R.P. Agarwal,"Analytical modeling of subthreshold current and subthreshold swing of an underlap DGMOSFET with tied independent gate and symmetric asymmetric options," Microelectronics J., vol.42, no.5, pp.798-807, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mejo.2011.01.004
- Z. Ding, G. Hu, J. Gu, R. Liu, L. Wang and T. Tang,"An analytical model for channel potential and subthreshold swing of the symmetric and asymmetric double-gate MOSFETs," Microelectronics J., vol.42, pp.515-519, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mejo.2010.11.002
- TCAD Manual, Part.4: INSPEC, ISE Integrated Systems Engineering AG, Zurich, Switzerland, 2001, p.56. ver.7.5.
- H.K. Jung and D.S. Cheong,"Analysis for Relation of Oxide Thickness and Subthreshold Swing of Asymmetric Double Gate MOSFET," Conference on Information and Communication Eng., vol.17, no.2, pp.698-701, 2013.
- H.K Jung and O.S. Kwon, "Analysis of Channel Dimension Dependent Threshold Voltage for Asymmetric DGMOSFET," 2014 International Conference on Future Information & Communication Engineering, vol.6, no.1, pp.299-302, 2014.