- Volume 19 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Evaluation of PPG signals regarding to video attributes of smart-phone camera
스마트폰 카메라의 영상 속성에 따른 맥파 신호 평가
- Received : 2015.02.11
- Accepted : 2015.03.17
- Published : 2015.04.30
In this study, we study that the video attributes captured by built-in camera in smart-phone can effect on the quality of PPG signal. The conditions of video attributes were composed of the bitrate, the resolution, the flash. As each condition, we measured a change in the red value of the video image and calculated a PPI(Pulse to Pulse Interval) for extracting the pulse wave signal. 20 subjects participated in the experiment and this experiment was carried out 18 tasks. The PPG signal was measured simultaneously for two minutes with the PPG sensor in the middle finger and Smart-phone in the forefinger of the right hand. By proceeding the correlation analysis, we obtained the highest correlation condition(83%, p=0.01), which the resolution was
PPG Signal;Video Attribute;Bitrate;Resolution;Flash;Smart-phone Camera
- J. H. lee, "A study on the portable vital signal measurement and analysis system based on sensibility ergonomics," M. S. theses, Dankook University, Korea, 2011.
- J. S. Han, "A study on the relationship between 3D image and VEP for understanding of human reaction to 3D display," M. S. theses, Seoul National University, Korea, 2013.
- G. Y. Hwang, D. K. Shin, D. I. Shin, "Design of biofeedback interface using biomedical signal analysis," Korean Institute of information Scientists and Engineers, Vol. 39, No. 1A, pp.337- 339, 2012.
- W. S. Jung, "Development of stress analysis system using PPG in smartphone," M. S. theses, Korea University, Korea, Feb, 2014.
- M. H. Kim, S. T. Hwang, J. N. Lee, M. C, Whang, "Experimental verification of restored photoplethysmography (PPG) signal from video with smart phone," The HCI society of korea, Vol. 2014, No.2, 2014.
- J. H. Kim, K. S. Kim, S. W. Shin, H. T. Kim, J. W. Lee, D. J. Kim, "Suppression of noisy characteristics of bio signals by implementing digital filters with an android smartphone platform," The transactions of the korean institute of electrical engineers, Vol. 61, No. 10, pp. 1518-1523, 2012. https://doi.org/10.5370/KIEE.2012.61.10.1518
- D. H. Jang, "A study of characteristics of a blood velocity and an estimated blood pressure by using radial artery pulse wave and PPG(Photoplethysmograph)," M. S. theses, SangJi University, Korea, 2012.
- I. C. Jeong, "A study of the estimation for cardiovascular function and blood pressure using the photoplethysmographic signal," M. S. theses, Yonsei University, Korea, Dec, 2004.
- D. G. Oh, B. S. Min, S. O. Kwon, H. J. Kim, "Effective PPG signal procession method for detecting emotional stimulus," The korean institute of communications and information sciences, Vol. 37, No. 5, pp. 393-402, 2012. https://doi.org/10.7840/KICS.2012.37C.5.393
- J. M. Song, "Design and implementation of a bio medial signal analysis system using PPG sensor," M. S. theses, Cheongju University, Korea, 2011.
- J. Y. Park, C. Y. Li, H. S. Kwon, "Heart rate detection of photoplethysmography using a smartphone camera," The korean institute of communications and information sciences, Vol. 2013, No. 11, pp. 617-618, 2013.
- J. M. Koo, "Blood pressure measurement using the built-in camera of a smartphone," M. S. theses, Yonsei University, Korea, 2014.
- Y. J. Bae, "A study of PPG-signal transmission using the zigbee," M. S. theses, Keimyung University, Korea, 2011.
- C. J. Kim, M. C. Whang, J. H. Kim, J. C. Woo, Y. W. Kim, J. H. Kim, "A study on evaluation of human arousal level using PPG analysis," Ergonomics society of korea, Vol. 29, No. 1, pp. 113-120, 2010. https://doi.org/10.5143/JESK.2010.29.1.113
- Y. M. Kim, "A sliding window-based energy detection method for cognitive radio systems," M. S. theses, Inha University, Korea, 2009.
- M. H. Kim, S. I. Kim, S. I. Park, M. C. Whang, "Accuracy evaluation of measurement system using smartphone camera - measured pulse of smartphone," The HCI society of korea, Vol. 2013, No. 1, pp. 959-961, 2013.
- J. S. Yoo, J. S. Park, "A comparison of power consumption of various video bitrate in smartphone component," The korean institute of information scientists and engineers, Vol. 2014, No. 6, pp. 445-447, 2014.
- S. K. Lee, "An improved input image selection algorithm for super resolution still image reconstruction," M. S. theses, Ulsan University, Korea, 2009.
- Design and Implementation of Location Recommending Services using Personal Emotional Information based on Collaborative Filtering vol.20, pp.8, 2016, https://doi.org/10.6109/jkiice.2016.20.8.1407
Supported by : 한국연구재단