- Volume 19 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
The design and the analysis of a LED lens for forming a uniform illumination on an illuminating plane
균일한 조도를 위한 LED 조명용 렌즈 설계 및 분석
- Received : 2014.12.29
- Accepted : 2015.02.16
- Published : 2015.04.30
In this research, an overlapped illumination model was newly proposed for designing a freeform LED lens with a uniform illuminance distribution on its illuminating plane. Based on the proposed model and conventional illumination models, freeform lenses were designed and their performances and tolerances were compared. As a result of the tolerance analysis about thickness change in lens, position, size change, central direction change of light emission and characteristic change in LED source. This proposed model and divergent illumination model are similar to the performance about central direction change of light emission in LED source. but the uniformity illumination value in this proposed model is more remarkably value than it in divergent illumination model about characteristic change in LED source.
Freeform Lens;LED lens;Uniform illuminance;half angle
- Nikolay Zheludev, "The life and times of the LED-100- year history," Nature Photonics, Vol. 1, pp189-192 (2007). https://doi.org/10.1038/nphoton.2007.34
- Daniel Malacara, Zacarias Malacara, Handbook of optical design second Edition (Marcel Dekker, Inc. Chapter3,9,18, by 2004).
- Kai Wang, Fei Chen, Zongyuan Liu, Xiaobing Luo1,4 and Sheng Liu1, "Design of compact freeform lens for application specific light-emitting diode packaging," Opt. Exp. Vol. 18, pp413-425 (2010). https://doi.org/10.1364/OE.18.000413
- Lirong Wang, Jose M. Sasian, Peng Su, and R. John Koshel, "Generation of Uniform Illumination Using Faceted Reflectors," Proc. of SPIE, Vol. 7423, 74230Y pp1-11 (2009).
- Yi Ding, Xu Liu, Zhen-rong Zheng, and Pei-fu Gu, "Freeform LED Lens for uniform illumination," Opt. Exp. Vol.16, pp12958-12966 (2008). https://doi.org/10.1364/OE.16.012958
- Zheng Zhenrong, Hao Xiang, and Liu Xu, "Freeform surface Lens for LED uniform illumination," Appl.Opt. Vol. 48, No. 35 pp6627-6634 (2009). https://doi.org/10.1364/AO.48.006627
- Jinbo Jiang, Sandy To, W. B. Lee, and Benny Cheung, "Optical design of a freeform TIR lens for LED streetlight," Optik, 121, pp1761-1765 (2010). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijleo.2009.04.009
- Jin-Jia Chen, Te-Yuan Wang, Kuang-Lung Huang, Te-Shu Liu, Ming-Da Tsai, and Chin-Tang Lin," Freeform lens design for LED collimating Illumination," Opt. Exp. Vol. 20, pp10984-10995 (2012). https://doi.org/10.1364/OE.20.010984
- Xingtao Yan, Jianfeng Yang, Fan BU, and Guoqi Zhang, "A Novel LED Lens for Rotationally Symmetric Uniform Illumination," 2011 International Conference on Electronics and Optoelectronics, V3-pp82-85 (2011).
- Bryan D. Stone and G. W. Forbes, "Optimal interpolants for Runge-Kutta ray tracing in inhomogeneous media" J. Opt. Soc. Am. A, Vol.7, No. 2 pp248- 254 (1990). https://doi.org/10.1364/JOSAA.7.000248
- Hongming Yang, JanW. M. Bergmans, Tim C. W. Schenk, Jean-Paul M. G. Linnartz, and Ronald Rietman, "An analytical model for the illuminance distribution of a power LED," Opt. Exp. Vol. 16, pp21641-21646 (2008). https://doi.org/10.1364/OE.16.021641
- Alan, M., "Solid state lighting a world of expanding opportuities at LED 2002,"III-Vs Review, Vol.16, No.1(2003), pp.30-33.
- Sun, C.C., Lee, T.X., Ma, S.H., and Huand, S.M., "Precise optical modeling for LED lighting verified by crosscorrelation in the midfield region," Optical Letters, Vol.31, No.14(2006), pp2193-2195. https://doi.org/10.1364/OL.31.002193
- Shuang Zhao, Kai Wang, Fei Chen, Dan Wu, and Sheng Liu, "Lens design of LED searchlight of high brightness and distant spot," J. Opt. Soc. Am. A, Vol. 28, pp815-820 (2011). https://doi.org/10.1364/JOSAA.28.000815
- Guangzhen Wang, Lili Wang, Fuli Li, and Depeng Kong, "Design of optical element combining Fresnel lens with microlens array for uniform light-emitting diode lighting," J. Opt. Soc. Am. A, Vol. 29, pp1877-1884 (2012). https://doi.org/10.1364/JOSAA.29.001877
- Kai Wang, Sheng Liu, Fei Chen, Zongyuan Liu, and Xiaobing Luo, "Effect of manufacturing defects on optical performance of discontinuous freeform lenses," Opt. Exp. Vol. 17, pp5457-5465 (2009). https://doi.org/10.1364/OE.17.005457
Supported by : 세명대학교