- Volume 19 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
A Study on Correlation Analysis of Information Subject and Convergence Subject for the Gifted Children in IT
정보영재의 정보과목과 융합과목의 상관관계 분석연구
- Received : 2015.01.12
- Accepted : 2015.02.16
- Published : 2015.04.30
In the knowledge-based society, IT literacy and application of a person become a measure of personal competitiveness. As IT industry is of great important nationally, many countries are trying to make an effort to promote IT industry. In this sense, identification and fostering of the gifted children in IT become an important national task since, in IT industry, usually only a few prodigies have led whole IT industry. Currently gifted education aims for convergent gifted education according to government policy. The purpose of this paper is to investigate correlation of information subject and convergent subject for the gifted children in IT. For this purpose, the gifted children in IT who attended a gifted science education center attached to a university at Seoul Metropolitan Area are selected. Their grades during their the period of attendance are collected and analysed. The statistical results show that there is a meaningful correlation between information subject and convergent subject for the gifted children in IT. It means that the higher scores information subject is, the higher scores convergent subject is. The results can be used to make or change gifted curriculum and education contents for gifted IT education.
Gifted Children in IT;Convergent Gifted Education;Gifted Education Curriculum
- Digital Times, "It is urgent for IT convergence to identify and foster Excellent Software Developer ", http://www.dt.co.kr/contents.html?article_no=2012101102011060600001, Access on December 10, 2014.
- Ministry of Education and Human Resources Development, "Elementary and Secondary School Information and Communication Technology Education Guide Manual", 2000.
- K. M. Yu, "A Study on the Outlook of Computer Teachers on Gifted Education in Information Science", Master Thesis, Hanyang University, Seoul, Korea, 2003.
- S. K. Oh, "The Definition and Judgment System of a Computer-gifted Student", Master Thesis, Sungkyunkwan University, Seoul, Korea, 2002.
- W. C. Jun, "A Study on the Current Status and Improvement Plans of Gifted Elementary Information Science Education Curriculum", Journal of Gifted/Talented Education, Vol. 20, No. 1, pp. 347-368, 2010.
- W. C. Jun, "A Study on Correlation Analysis of Programming Ability and Logical Thinking Ability for the Gifted Children in IT", Journal of Gifted/Talented Education, Vol. 21, No. 3, pp. 761-772, 2011. https://doi.org/10.9722/JGTE.2011.21.3.761
- H. J. Kang, "Analysis of Children's Logical Thinking Improvement with Basic Programming Ability", Master Thesis, Sookmyung Women's University, Seoul, Korea, 2005.
- W. C. Jun, "A Study on Correlation Analysis of Academic Performance per Subject for the Gifted Children in IT", Journal of Gifted/Talented Education, Vol. 23, No. 3, pp. 407-419, 2013. https://doi.org/10.9722/JGTE.2013.23.3.407
- J. M. Park and O. H. Kang, "The Effects of STEAM Based Education Program on Logical Thinking Ability of Information Gifted Elementary Students", Proceedings of Korean Computer Education Society, Vol. 17, No. 2, pp. 187-190, 2013.