- Volume 19 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Context-aware Connectivity Analysis Method using Context Data Prediction Model in Delay Tolerant Networks
Delay Tolerant Networks에서 속성정보 예측 모델을 이용한 상황인식 연결성 분석 기법
- Received : 2014.12.17
- Accepted : 2015.02.02
- Published : 2015.04.30
In this paper, we propose EPCM(Efficient Prediction-based Context-awareness Matrix) algorithm analyzing connectivity by predicting cluster's context data such as velocity and direction. In the existing DTN, unrestricted relay node selection causes an increase of delay and packet loss. The overhead is occurred by limited storage and capability. Therefore, we propose the EPCM algorithm analyzing predicted context data using context matrix and adaptive revision weight, and selecting relay node by considering connectivity between cluster and base station. The proposed algorithm saves context data to the context matrix and analyzes context according to variation and predicts context data after revision from adaptive revision weight. From the simulation results, the EPCM algorithm provides the high packet delivery ratio by selecting relay node according to predicted context data matrix.
Delay Tolerant Networks;Context-awareness;Connectivity;Matrix
- M. R. Schurgot, C. Comaniciu and K. Jaffres-Runser, "Beyond Traditional DTN Routing : Social Networks for Opportunistic Communication," Communications Magazine IEEE, vol. 50, no. 7, pp. 155-162, July. 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/MCOM.2012.6231292
- L. Pelusi, A. Passarella and M. Conti, "Opportunistic Networking : Data Forwarding in Disconnected Mobile Ad Hoc Networks," Communications Magazine IEEE, vol. 44, no. 11, pp. 134-141, Nov. 2006.
- H. Zargari Asl, A. Iera, L. Atzori and G. Morabito, "How often social objects meet each other? Analysis of the properties of a social network of IoT devices based on real data," Global Communications Conference (GLOBECOM) 2013 IEEE, Atlanta: GA, pp. 2804-2809, 2013.
- A. Lindgren, A. Doria, and O. Schelen, "Probabilistic routing in intermittently connected networks," in Service Assurance with Partial and Intermittent Resources, Springer Berlin Heidelberg, pp 239-254, 2004.
- P. Hui, J. Crowcroft and E. Yoneki, "BUBBLE Rap: Social- Based Forwarding in Delay Tolerant Networks," Mobile Computing IEEE Transactions, vol. 10, no. 11, pp. 1576-1589, Nov. 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMC.2010.246
- M. Musolesi and C. Mascolo, "CAR: Context-Aware Adaptive Routing for Delay-Tolerant Mobile Networks," Mobile Computing IEEE Transactions, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 1536-1233, Feb. 2009.
- M. B. Shah, S. N. Merchant, and U. B. Desai, "Human- Mobility-Based Sensor Context-Aware Routing Protocol for Delay-Tolerant Data Gathering in Multi-Sink Cell-Phone- Based Sensor Networks," International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks, vol. 2012, pp. 1-19, July. 2012.
- A. Petz, A. Hennessy, B. Walker C. Fok and C. Julien, "An Architecture for Context-Aware Adaptation of Routing in Delay-Tolerant Networks," Proceedings of the 4th Extreme Conference on Communication (ExtremeCom 2012), 2012.
- Y. J. Oh, K. W. Lee, "Energy conserving routing algorithm based on the direction for Mobile Ad-hoc network," Journal of the Korea Institute of Information and Communication Engineering, vol. 17, no. 11, pp. 2699-2707, Nov. 2013. https://doi.org/10.6109/jkiice.2013.17.11.2699
Supported by : 정보통신산업진흥원, 한국연구재단