- Volume 19 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Implementation of Device Driver for Virtual Machine Based-on Android
Android 가상머신을 위한 디바이스 드라이버 구현
Kim, Ho-Sung;Seo, Jong-Kyoun;Park, Han-Su;Jung, Hoe-Kyung
- Received : 2015.01.02
- Accepted : 2015.02.16
- Published : 2015.04.30
The amount of smart phones has increased exponentially. Due to the periodic release of high-performance smart phones and upgraded operating system, new smart phones become out-dated over 1 or 2 years. In order to solve environmental constraints of these smart phones, virtualization technology using Thin-Client terminal has been developed. However, in the case of Virtual Machine(VM), the applications associated with sensors and a GPS device can not run because they are not included. In this paper, by implementing the device driver for Android running in a virtual machine in the x86-based systems, it is to provide Android virtualization capabilities such as using the latest smart phones in the virtual machine environment. It would like to propose a method that the virtual device driver receives sensors and GPS information from the old Android smart phones(Thin-Client) that actually work and run as if the real device exists.
Virtual Device Driver;Virtual Machine;Sensor;Android;GPS
- Gartner web site, "Gartner Says Annual Smartphone Sales Surpassed Sales of Feature Phones for the First Time in 2013". Available: http://www.gartner.com/newsroom/id/2665715, 2014.
- IDC web site, "Smartphone OS Market Share, Q4 2014" Avilable:http://www.idc.com/prodserv/smartphone-os-market-share.jsp, 2014.
- Android web site, "Platform Versions". Available: https://developer.android.com/about/dashboards/index.html?utm_source=ausdroid.net#Screens
- H. C. Go, H. M. Yoo, "Everything analysis and porting of Android", HanBitMedia, 2011.
- Greg Milette, Adam Stroud, "Professional Android Sensor Programming", WROX Press, 2012.
- Mahadev Satyanarayanan, "The Case for VM-Based Cloudlets in Mobile Computing", Carnegie Mellon University, 2009.
- Eric Y. Chen, Mistutaka Itoh, "Virtual Smartphone over IP", NTT, 2010.
Supported by : 교육부