- Volume 29 Issue 9
Stage lighting plays a significant role in drawing out the mood and images that are intended by the choreographer. It is related to the dancers' movements and affects them both directly and indirectly. This study is on a reciprocal relationship between dance choreography and stage lighting, covering a broad range of functional factors of lighting effects on the dance choreography. Also, the data on preferred lighting colours and their frequency of usage are gathered through surveys by lighting specialists. The data is used to identify the lighting colour in general dance choreography. It is collected to serve the purpose of providing opportunities to acknowledge the needs of various colour changes on the stage. It is hoped that a collaboration of studies related in this subject are continuously promoted and researched in producing high quality dance performances.
Dance Choreography;Stage Lighting;Lighting Colour
- Selecon Newsletters Vol6-July 1992, Lighting for Dance.
- Kyung Ah Hwang(1993), A Study on the Stage Lighting For Dancing, The Korean Society of Dance.. Vol.15 P136.
- Lee, SungHo(2007), stage lighting II, Kyobo Book Centre. p.218.
- LeeJangWon(2010), Study on the Using Methodology of Stage Lighting in Dance Performance, (The) proceedings of KIEE, Vol.59. No.2.
- LeeJangWon, , LeeJinWoo(2009). Study on Stage Lighting for Dance Art, Proceedings of the Korean institute of illuminating and electrical installation engieers, Vol.2009 No.May.p218-223.
- LeeJangWon(2010).Comparative Study on the Dance Stage Lighting and Opera Stage Lighting, Proceedings of the Korean institute of illuminating and electrical installation engieers, Vol.24 No.4, p51-59. https://doi.org/10.5207/JIEIE.2010.24.2.051