- Volume 29 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
A Study on Description of IEC 61850 based Substation Topology for Implementing the Engineering Tool of Digital Substation
디지털변전소 엔지니어링 툴 구현을 위한 IEC 61850 국제규격 기반의 변전소 토폴로지 표현에 관한 연구
Lee, Nam-Ho;An, Yong Ho;Jang, Byung-Tae
- Received : 2015.01.21
- Accepted : 2015.07.22
- Published : 2015.09.30
In order to complete engineering works of the digital substation, Both Data transmission among a variety of IEDs and HMIs, and single line diagram of the substation might be done based on XML documents published in IEC 61850 international standards. This kind of XML based engineering process for the digital substation must be implemented not by manual written work but by the engineering tool using a computer. But most of the engineering tools do not support system based engineering works such as single line diagram of the substation but have only function to set IEDs as single device unit. Accordingly, this paper presents a new design method of the system based engineering description applicable to real IEC 61850 based substation through analyzing the current international standard and its sampled engineering file, and shows implementation of the engineering tool of the digital substation with the result of this study.
IEC 61850;Digital Substation;HMI;IED;XML;Engineering;SCL;SSD
- IEC 61850-6, "Communication network and systems in substation- Part6: Configuration description language for communication in electrical substation related to IEDs", 2005.
- IEC 61850-7-3, "Communication network and systems in substation- Part7-3: Basic communication structure for substation and feeder equipment-Common data classes", 2005.
- IEC 61850-7-4, "Communication network and systems in substation- Part7-4: Basic communication structure for substation and feeder equipment-Compatible logical node classes and data classes", 2005.
- Alex Apostolov, "We can not test 21st century IED with 20st century testing technology", Pac world winter, 2008.
- "Development of Advanced Digital substation system 2d phase report ", KEPCO, 2011.
- G.Booch, J.Rumbaugh and I.Jacobson, "The United modelling language user guide", Addison-Wesley, 1999.
- J.Arlow and I.Neustadt, "UML 2 and the Unified Process, 2d", Addison-Wesley Professional, 2005.
- Lee.H.M, "Object oriented analysis and design using UML", Samsung SDS MultiCampus, 2004.
- IEC 61970-301, "Energy management system application program interface : Common information model(CIM) base", 2011.