- Volume 29 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Dual Current Control Scheme of a Grid-connected Inverter for Power Quality Improvement in Distributed Generation Systems
분산 전원 시스템의 전력품질 향상을 위한 계통연계 인버터의 이중 전류제어 기법
- Received : 2015.06.07
- Accepted : 2015.07.30
- Published : 2015.09.30
To improve the power quality of distributed generation (DG) systems even in the presence of distorted grid condition, dual current control scheme of a grid-connected inverter is proposed. The proposed current control scheme is achieved by decomposing the inverter state equations into the fundamental and harmonic components. The derived models are employed to design dual current controllers. The conventional PI decoupling current controller is used in the fundamental model to control the main power flow in DG systems. At the same time, the predictive control is applied in the harmonic model to suppress undesired harmonic currents to zero quickly. To decompose the voltage inputs and state variables into the fundamental and harmonic components, the fourth order band pass filter (BPF) is designed in the discrete-time domain for a digital implementation. For experimental verification, 2kVA prototype of a grid-connected inverter has been constructed using digital signal processor (DSP) TMS320F28335. The effectiveness of the proposed strategy is demonstrated through comparative simulation and experimental results.
Distorted Grid;Distributed Generation;Dual Current Control;Grid-Connected Inverter;Harmonic Compensation
- S. W. Kang, and K. H. Kim, "A novel hybrid anti-islanding method to improve reliability of utility interactive inverter for a PMSG-based wind power generation system", Journal of the KIIEE, vol. 27, no. 11, pp. 27-36, 2013.
- Z. Chen, J. M. Guerrero, and F. Blaabjerg, "A review of the state of the art of power electronics for wind turbines", IEEE Trans. on Power Electr., vol. 24, no. 8, pp. 1859-1875, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2009.2017082
- I. Munteanu, S. Bacha, A. Bratcu, J. Guiraud, and D. Roye, "Energy-reliability optimization of wind energy conversion systems by sliding mode control", IEEE Trans. on Energy Conv., vol. 23, no. 3, pp. 975-985, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TEC.2008.917102
- A. D. Hansen, and G. Michalke, "Multi-pole permanent magnet synchronous generator wind turbines' grid support capability in uninterrupted operation during grid faults", IET Renewable Power Gen., vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 333-348, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1049/iet-rpg.2008.0055
- C. Lascu, L. Asiminoaei, I. Boldea, and F. Blaabjerg, "High performance current controller for selective harmonic compensation in active power filters", IEEE Trans. on Power Electr., vol. 22, no. 5, pp. 1826-1835, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2007.904060
- Q. N. Trinh, and H. H. Lee, "An advanced current control strategy for three-phase shunt active power filters", IEEE Trans. on Ind. Electr., vol. 60, no. 12, pp. 5400-5410, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2012.2229677
- C. Lascu, L. Asiminoaei, I. Boldea, and F. Blaabjerg, "Frequency response analysis of current controllers for selective harmonic compensation in active power filters", IEEE Trans. on Ind. Electr., vol. 56, no. 2, pp. 337-347, 2009.
- G. Escobar, P. G. Hernandez-Briones, P. R. Martinez, M. Hernandez-Gomez, and R. E. Torres-Olguin, "A repetitive -based controller for the compensation of harmonic components", IEEE Trans. on Ind. Electr., vol. 55, no. 8, pp. 3015-3158, 2008.
- A. Karaarslan, and I. Iskender, "Average sliding control method applied on power factor correction converter for decreasing input current total harmonic distortion using digital signal processor", IET Power Electr., vol. 5, no. 5, pp. 617-626, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1049/iet-pel.2011.0348
- TMS320F28335 Digital Signal Controller (DSC) - Data Manual. Texas Instrument, 2008.
- K. H. Kim, "Performance investigation and observer-based condition monitoring scheme for a PMSG-based grid -connected wind power system under switch open fault", SERSC Int. Journal of Control and Automation, vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 483-498, 2013.
- K. Ogata, Discrete-time Control System. Prentice-Hall International Editions, 1994.
Supported by : 서울과학기술대학교