- Volume 29 Issue 9
The Buck-Boost converter consisted of two switches is more expensive than the conventional Buck converter, because of the increase of the components. However, it can control the DC voltage depending on the requested load voltage without additional circuits, because it can control the voltage under the relatively wide range of the load. Additionally, it can control the output voltage constantly under the variation of the input voltage. In the paper two control loops consisted of current and voltage control are designed. When two controllers are operated at the same time the problem of the output voltage is occurred. Therefore, the solution of the output voltage problem is proposed. Finally, the validity of the proposed scheme is investigated with simulated and experimental results for a prototype system rated at 1kVA.
Buck-Boost Converter;Voltage/Current Control Loop;Transfer Algorithm;Transient State
- F. Z. Peng, H. Li, G. J. Su, and J. S. Lawler, "A new ZVS bi-directional dc-dc converter for fuel cell and battery applications," IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol.19, no. 1, pp. 54-65, Jan. 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2003.820550
- W. Jin, F. Z. Peng, J. Anderson et al., ""Low cost fuel cell converter system for residential power generation,"Power Electronics, IEEE Transactions on, vol. 19, no. 5, pp. 1315-1322, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2004.833455
- Fei Zhang, Jianping Xu, Haikun Yu, and Guohua Zhou, "Inductive Idling Boost Converter with Low Inductor Current-Ripple and Improved Dynamic Response for Power Factor Correction," in Proc. IEEE ECCE, pp.3210-3215, Sep. 2010.
- S.-U Seo K.-J Lee, R.-Y Kim, D.-S Hyun, "Improved Modeling and Control of Boost-Flyback Converter With High Step-Up Voltage Ratio," Transaction of the Korean Institute of Power Electronics, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 67-76, Feb. 2012. https://doi.org/10.6113/TKPE.2012.17.1.67
- C. Yoo, W.-C Lee, K.-C. Lee, B. H. Cho, "Transient current suppression scheme for bidirectional DC-DC converters in 42V automotive power systems," IEEE Applied Power Electronics Conference and Exposition, Austin, USA, Mar. 2005.
- W. Jianhua, Z. Fanghua, G. Chaunying, C. Ran, "Modeling and Analysis of a Buck/Boost Bidirectional Converter with Developed PWM Switch Model," in Proc. IEEE ECCE, pp.705-711, May. 2011.
- J. G. Park, "Design of Buck-Boost DC-AC Inverter Using Microcontroller", Journal of the Korean Institute of Illuminating and Electrical Installation Engineers, Vol. 23, No. 10, pp. 45-51, Oct. 2009.
- J. S. Won, J. W. Park, "A Study on Characteristic Analysis of Single-Stage High Frequency Resonant Inverter Link Type DC-DC Converter", Journal of the Korean Institute of Illuminating and Electrical Installation Engineers, Vol. 20, No. 2, pp. 16-23, Feb. 2006. https://doi.org/10.5207/JIEIE.2006.20.2.016
- J. D. Choi, S. J. Seonh, "The Current Control Methods Comparo\ison of Boost Converter for Unity Power Factor", Journal of the Korean Institute of Illuminating and Electrical Installation Engineers, Vol. 12, No. 3, pp. 67-73, Aug. 1998.
Supported by : 한국연구재단