- Volume 29 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Coordinate and Length of Straight Transmission Line Minimally connecting X-Y axis via a Specific Point
특정지점을 경유하며 X-Y 축을 최단거리로 연결하는 전선로의 길이 산정
- Received : 2015.07.03
- Accepted : 2015.08.13
- Published : 2015.09.30
Minimal line length enables low-cost construction of the transmission lines and low-loss transportation of electric power. This paper presents a derivation to determine the coordinate and length of the straight line that minimally connects two perpendicular lines x-axis and y-axis via a specific point, using the optimization technique. The author shows a formula to obtain the minimal length, which is represented by the cube root of the coordinate given by the specific point. Case studies have been also discussed to prove the optimal solutions derived by the proposed formula.
Optimization;Minimal Path;Specific Point;Connection
- M. Bazaraa, C. M. Shetty, "Nonlinear Programming Theory and Algorithms", John Wiley & Sons Inc. pp. 175-214. 1979.
- Sang-Joong Lee, "Calculation of Optimal Generation for System Loss Minimization Using Loss Sensitivities Derived by Angle Reference Transposition", IEEE Trans on Power Sys, vol.18, no3, Aug 2003, pp.1216-17. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRS.2003.814907
- R. Courant & H. Robbins. "What is Mathematics?" Oxford University Press, New York, pp. 354-360, 1941.
- Z. A. Melzak, "On the problem of Steiner", Canad. Math. Bull. 4, pp143-148, 1960.
- T. W. Ruijgrok. "The exact solution of a three-body problem", European Journal of Physics, vol.5, pp. 21-24, 1984. https://doi.org/10.1088/0143-0807/5/1/006
- Sang-Joong Lee, "Location of Strategic Military Base Minimally Connecting Three Frontlines", Journal of the Korea Institute of Military Science and Technology, vol 16, No 3, pp . 250-254, Jun 2013. https://doi.org/10.9766/KIMST.2013.16.3.250
- Sang-Joong Lee.Jun-Young Yoon, "Cost Reduction through Shortest Path Connection of Electric Power Line", Journal of the Korean Institute of Illuminating and Electrical Installation Engineers(Jnl of KIIEE, ISSN 1229-4691), vol 25, No 5, pp 34-38, May 2011.
- SangJoong Lee, "Minimal length of the straight line crossing right-angled edge via a specific point, The 4th International Conference on Convergence Technology, July 2-5, 2014.
Supported by : Seoul National University of Science and Technology