- Volume 29 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Convenient Thermal Modeling for Loss Distribution method of 3-Level Active NPC Inverter using Newton's Law of cooling
Active NPC 인버터의 손실 분배 제어를 위한 뉴턴의 냉각법칙 기반의 간단한 열 모델링 기법
Hyun, Seung-Wook;Lee, Jung-Hyo;Won, Chung-Yuen
- Received : 2015.08.06
- Accepted : 2015.09.10
- Published : 2015.09.30
This paper proposes a convenient thermal modeling method for loss distribution control method of 3-level Active NPC(Neutral Point Clamped) inverter. In the drawback of conventional 3-level NPC, the generated losses can occur unbalance in each switching device, as a result, thermal utilization of designed system has been decreased. In order to compensate unbalanced losses, Active NPC inverter performed loss balancing control with thermal modeling during operation of each switching device. Therefore, this paper deals with a convenient thermal modeling method based on newton's law of cooling rather than conventional thermal modeling method. Both simulation and experimental results based on 10kW 3-level Active NPC inverter confirm the validity of the analysis performed in the study.
3-Level Inverter;NPC;Active NPC;Thermal Modeling;Newton'S Law Of Cooling
- Senturk,O.S., Helle,L., Munk-Nielsen,S., Rodriguez,P. and Teodorescu, R., "Power Capability Investigation Based on Electrothermal Models of Press-Pack IGBT Three-Level NPC and ANPC VSCs for Multimegawatt Wind Turbines," IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, vol. 27, No. 7, pp. 3195-3206, Jul. 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2011.2182661
- Rodriguez,J., Jih-Sheng Lai and Fang Zheng Peng, "Multilevel Inverters : A Survey of Topologies, Controls, and Applications," IEEE Transactions on industry applications, Vol.49, No.4, pp. 724-238, Aug. 2002.
- A. Nabae, I. Takahashi, and H. Akagi, "A new neutral -point-clamped PWM inverter," IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., vol. 17, no. 5, pp. 518-523, Sept./Oct. 1981.
- J. Zaragoza, J. Pou, S. Ceballos, E. Robles, C. Jaen, M. Corbalan, "Voltage-Balance Compensator for a Carrier Based Modulation in the Neutral Point Clamped Converter," IEEE Trans. on Ind. Electron., vol. 56, no. 2, pp. 305-314, Feb. 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2008.2009195
- W. Chenchen and L. Yongdong, "Analysis and Calculation of Zero-Sequence Voltage Considering Neutral-Point Potential Balancing in Three-Level NPC Converters," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., vol. 57, no. 7, pp. 2262-2271, July. 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2009.2024093
- Bruckner,T., Bernet,S. and Guldner,H. "The Active NPC Converter and Its Loss-Balancing Control," IEEE Transactions on industrial elecronics, Vol.52, No. 3, pp.855-868, June. 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2005.847586
- Mohzani, Z., McGrath, B.P., Holmes, D.G. "The balancing properies of DC link compensation for 3-phase Neutral Point Clamped (NPC) Converter" IEEE 7th International Power Electronics and Motion Control Conference, vol.1, pp. 574-579, Jun. 2012.
- Bai Baodong, Chen Dezhi, "Inverter IGBT loss analysis and calculation, Industrial Technology (ICIT), 2013 IEEE International Conference on, pp. 563-569, Feb. 2013.
- Infineon, "Infineon Datasheet Understanding," 2010 ENPC Seminar.
- Blasko,V., Lukaszewski, R., "On the Loading of Power Modules in a Three Phase Voltage Source Converter," IEEE Industry Applications Society Annual Meeting, vol.2, pp.1241-1246, Oct. 1977.
Supported by : 한국연구재단