- Volume 29 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
The Method of Reducing the Output Electrolytic Capacitance in Single Stage PFC flyback Converter
Single stage PFC flyback 컨버터의 전해커패시터용량저감기법
Kim, Jin-Gu;Park, Chong-Yeon
- Received : 2015.07.03
- Accepted : 2015.08.04
- Published : 2015.09.30
LED has been great attentions in lighting industry because of its long life-time, high efficiency, excellent light output characteristics. However, the life-time of the LED driving system is decreased because of the electrolytic capacitor which is used in the power conversion system for driving LED lighting. Therefore the capacitance reduction methods have been studied to replace an electrolytic capacitor with film or tantalum capacitor. This paper presents the Single stage PFC flyback converter with the simplified third harmonic current injection circuit to reduce output capacitance and the proposed system is theoretically analyzed and verified through the experiment.
Light Emitting Diode;Single Stage PFC Flyback Converter;Third Harmonic Current Injection Method
- M. R. Krames, et al., "Status and Future of High-Power Light-Emitting Diodes for Solid-State Lighting", Journal of Display Technology, Vol. 3, No. 2, pp. 160-175, Jun. 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/JDT.2007.895339
- J. Y. Tsao, "Solid state lighting : lamps, chips and materials for tomorrow", IEEE Circuits Devices, Vol. 20, No. 3, pp. 28-37. May-June. 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/MCD.2004.1304539
- S. Liu, X. B. Luo, "LED Packaging for Lighting Applications : Design, Manufacturing and Testing", John Wiley and Sons, July. 2011.
- A. Lahyani, P. Venet, G. Grellet and P. J. Viverge, "Failure Prediction of Electrolytic Capacitors During Operation of a Switch mode Power Supply", IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, Vol. 13, No. 6, pp. 1199-1207, Nov. 1998. https://doi.org/10.1109/63.728347
- K. Zhao, P. Ciufo and S. Perera, "Lifetime Analysis of Aluminum Electrolytic Capacitor Subject to Voltage Fluctuations", Harmonics and Quality of Power (ICHQP), 14th International Conference on, pp. 1-5, Sept. 2010.
- Y. X. Qin, H. S. H. Chung, D. Y. Lin and S. Y. R. Hui, "Current Source Ballast for High Power Lighting Emitting Diodes without Electrolyric Capacitor", Industrial Electronics, IECON 2008. 34th Annual Conference of IEEE, pp. 1968-1973, Nov. 2008.
- J. W. Yoo, K. H. Jung and I. U. Jeon, "Third Harmonic Injection Circuit to Eliminate Electrolytic Capacitors in Light-Emitting Diode Drivers", Journal of Electrical Engineering & Technology, Vol. 7, No. 3, pp. 358-365, May. 2012. https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2012.7.3.358
- D. G. Lamar, J. Sebastian, M. Arias and A. Fernandez, "Reduction of the Output Capacitor in Power Factor Correctors by Distorting the Line Input Current", Applied Power Electronics Conference and Exposition, 2010 twenty-fifth Annual IEEE, pp. 196-202, 2010.
- L. Gu, X. Ruan, M. Xu and K. Yao, "Means of Eliminating Electrolytic Capacitor in AC/DC Power Supplies for LED Lightings", IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, Vol. 24, No. 5, pp. 1399-1408, May. 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2009.2016662
- J. W. Yoo, "Long Lifetime LED Driving System by the Harmonic Injection and the Current Balancing Methods", Ph. D. Dissertation, The Graduate School of Kangwon National University, 2014.