- Volume 29 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
An Efficient Battery Charging Algorithm based on State-of-Charge Estimation using 3-Phase AC-DC Boost Converter
3상 AC-DC 승압형 컨버터를 이용한 SOC 추정 기반의 효율적 배터리 충전 알고리즘
- Received : 2015.08.12
- Accepted : 2015.09.14
- Published : 2015.09.30
This paper presents battery charging method using 3-phase AC-DC boost converter. General battery charging method is that charging the battery voltage to the reference voltage according to the constant current(CC) control, when it reaches the reference voltage, charging the battery fully according to the constant voltage(CV) control. However, battery chaging time is increased because of the battery impedance, constant current charging section which shoud take the large amount of charge is narrow, and constant voltage charging section which can generate insufficient charge is widen. To improve this problem, we proposes the method to reduce the charging time according to the SOC(State of Charge) estimation using battery impedance.
Battery Charging Method;3 Phase AC-DC Boost Converter;Constant Current;Constant Voltage;SOC Estimation
- Tetsuro Okoshi, Keizo Yamada, Tokiyoshi Hirasawa and Akihiko Emori, "Battery condition moniroing (BCM) technologies about lead-acid batteries," J. Power of Source, Vol. 158, No. 2, pp. 874-878, Aug. 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpowsour.2005.11.008
- Novie Ayub Windarko and Jaeho Choi, "SOC Estimation Based on OCV for NiMH Batteries Using an Improved Takacs Model," Journal of Power Electronics, Vol. 10, No. 2, pp. 181-186, Mar. 2010. https://doi.org/10.6113/JPE.2010.10.2.181
- Lalit P. Mandal and Robert W. Cox, "A Transient-Based Approach to Estimation of the Electrical Parameters of a Lead-Acid Battery Model," Energy Conversion and Exposition (ECCE), pp. 181-186, Mar. 2010.
- Stephan Buller, Marc Thele and Rik W. A. A De Doncker, "Impedance-Based Simulation Models of Supercapacitors and Li-Ion Batteries for Power Electronic Applications,"IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl,. Bol. 41, No. 3, pp. 742-747, May/Jun. 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2005.847280
- Dinh Vinh Do, Christophe Forgez, Khadija El Kadri Benkara and Guy Friedrich, "Impedance Observer for a Li-ion Battery Using Kalman Filter," IEEE Trans. on Vehicular Technology, Vol. 58, No. 8, pp. 3930-3937, Sep. 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TVT.2009.2028572
- Stephan Buller, Marc Thele, Eckhard Karden and Rik W. De Doncker, "Impedance-based non-linear dynamic battery modeling for automotive application," J. Power Source, Vol. 113, No. 2, pp. 422-430, Jan. 2003. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0378-7753(02)00558-X
- Martin Coleman, William Gerard Hurley and Chin Kwan Lee, "An Improved Battery Characterization Method Using a Two-Pulse Load Test," IEEE Trans. Energy Conversion, Vol. 23, No. 2, pp. 708-713, Apr. 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TEC.2007.914329
- Jin-Ho Park, Kyung-Min Kim, Jung-Hyo Lee and Chung-Yuen Won, "Reduction of DC-Link Voltage Ripple of Three-phase AC/DC Converter for Uninterruptible Power Supply by Applying Fuel Cell", Journal of the Korean Institute of IIIuminating and Electrical Installation Engineers, Vol. 24, No. 6, pp. 43-51, June 2010.