- Volume 29 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Affective Evaluation for Human-centered Lighting Environment Design : Focused on Office Spaces using LED lighting
감성조명 환경 설계를 위한 감성평가 연구 : LED조명을 적용한 사무 공간을 중심으로
Kim, Jong-Gurl;Ko, Jae-Kyu
- Received : 2015.08.26
- Accepted : 2015.09.18
- Published : 2015.10.30
LED lightings combined with IT technology can provide variable illumination environments that can be controlled by users according to their emotional need and preferences. This is one of the most beneficial functions compared with conventional lightings offering only fixed color and brightness. There is however lack of analysis data for creating practical lighting solutions satisfying user preferences in a wide range of applications from residential to commercial places. To materialize the technical advantages of user-controllable LED lightings, more observation data are required in various situations. Therefore, dissimilar emotional needs are determined in the present study for compartmental office spaces (staff lounge room, meeting room and desk job place) through subjective experiments by 45 observers. The optimum lighting conditions (CCT and illuminance) are finally obtained using Response Surface Method and relevant prediction functions are also deduced. The final outcome can be applied for making user-preferred office illumination products.
RSM(Response Surface Method);LED Affection Lighting;Affective Evaluation;Office Lighting
- Jae-Ho Choe, How Can We Approach the Affective Quality? : A Study on the Affective Response and Structural Approach to the Affective Quality, Journal of the Korean Institute of Industrial Engineers, 39(1), pp. 73-77, 2013. https://doi.org/10.7232/JKIIE.2013.39.1.073
- MS Islam, R Dangol, M Hyvarinen, P Bhusal, M Puolakka, L Halonen, User preferences for LED lighting in terms of light spectrum, Lighting Research & Technology, 45(6), pp. 641-665, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1177/1477153513475913
- Jin-Sook Lee, Won-Do Kim, So-Yeon Kim, Sensibility Evaluation of LED Lighting and Fluorescent Lamp based on Color Temperature, Architectural institute of korea, 25(4), pp. 263-270, 2009.
- Soon-Duk Jee, Sang- Hyuk Lee, Kyoung-Jae Choi, Joung-Kyu Park, Chang-Hae Kim, Sensibility Evaluation on the Correlated Color Temperature in White LED Lighting, Journal of the Korean Institute of Illuminating and Electrical Installation Engineers, 22(4), pp. 1-12, 2008.
- Yong-Woo Yoo, A study on the Emotional Evaluation Model of LED Colors in Architectural Pacade, Journal of the Korean Institute of Interior Design, 21(2), pp. 101-111, 2012.
- Sun-Youn Lee, An Experiment on Lighting Environment for some Behavior in Housing, Journal of the Korean Housing Association, 16(4), pp. 65-71, 2005.
- M. K. Ardakani, S. S. WulffA, An Overview of Optimization Formulations for Multiresponse Surface Problems, Quality and Reliability Engineering International, 29(1), pp. 3-16, 2005.
- Wenjuan Liu, Jianlin Ji, Hua Chen, Chenyu Optimal Color Design of Psychological Counseling Room by Design of Experiments and Response Surface Methodology, PLOS one, 9(3), pp. 1-9, 2014.
- Dong-Hee Lee, In-Jun Jeong, Kwang-Jae Kim, Methods and Applications of Dual Response Surface Optimization : A Literature Review, Journal of the Korean Institute of Industrial Engineers, 39(5), pp. 342-350, 2013. https://doi.org/10.7232/JKIIE.2013.39.5.342
- Kee-Sun Yeom, Development of a Structural Optimal Design Code Using a Response Surface Method Implemented on a CAD Platform, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, Master's degree, 2000.