- Volume 29 Issue 10
REMICON(Ready Mixed Concrete), the most essential material of construction work, is produced from facility called "Batcher plant." In order to produce Remicon, Batcher Plant needs to be supplied with basic raw material such as ballast, sand, cement, admixture and water. In remicon industry, overland transport vehicles are used during the whole manufacturing process from producing to infilling at the construction site. Thus, the transportation cost sums up be to 20 percent of whole manufacturing cost and transport capacity and distance travelled have direct and major effect on manufacturing costs. This paper suggests a method to find optimal location of batcher plant using modified Steiner point, suggesting the most effective and flexible connection through among construction site, aggregate, cement and remicon producing plant. This paper also proposes reducing of transport cost at maximum 60% by calculation through optimized plant location. The modified Steiner point theory proposed in this paper also can be applied to optimal location of a
Steiner Tree;Modified Steiner Point;Batcher Plant;Optimal Location
- KS F 4009, Ready-Mixed Concrete, Korea Standards Association, 2011.
- Korea Ready Mixed Concrete Industry Association homepage (www.krmcia.or.kr).
- Seong-Deog Yang, W.K.Lyu, Sang-Joong Lee "Optimal Location of Mail Distribution Center using Steiner Tree", KIIEE Journal of the Korean Institute of Illuminating and Electrical Installation Engineers(Jnl of KIIEE, ISSN 1229-4691), vol 22, No 9, pp 82-87 , Sep 2008.
- Sang-Joong Lee, Jun-Young Yoon, Ju-Chul Kim, "Cost Reduction through Shortest Path Connection of Power Lines", Proceedings of 2010 Fall Conference of the Korean Institute of Illuminating and Electrical Installation Engineers(KIIEE), 1-B-6, pp 44-46, COEX, Seoul, Sep 29. 2010.
- Sang-Joong Lee, "Location of Strategic Military Base Minimally Connecting Three Frontlines", Journal of the Korea Institute of Military Science and Technology(ISSN 1598-9127), vol 16, No 3, pp . 250-254, Jun 2013. https://doi.org/10.9766/KIMST.2013.16.3.250
- Kwon-Yeol Ha, Jeong-Kyun Lim, Ju-Chul Kim, Sang-Joong Lee, "Optimal Location of Batcher Plant", Proceedings of 2013 Spring Conference of the Korean Institute of Illuminating and Electrical Installation Engineers(KIIEE), 2-B-36, pp 248-249, Hotel Inter-Burgo, Wonju, May 29. 2013.
- Gene-Que Lee, Sang-Joong Lee, "Optimal Location of Power Office using Path-weighted Steiner point", Proceedings of 2015 Spring Meeting of Smart Grid Section of the Korean Institute of Electrical Engineers(KIEE), Coex, Seoul, Korea, May 15, 2015, pp 77-79.
- Jingcheng Tong ; YAP S. Chua "The Generalized Fermat's Point" Mathematics Magazine vol. 68, NO.3, pp.214-215, 1995. https://doi.org/10.2307/2691421
Supported by : Seoul National University of Science and Technology