- Volume 29 Issue 10
IPMSM(Insert Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor) is a very high degree of freedom in the design according to the permanent magnet insertion position. And the performance of IPMSM is affected a lot on barrier shape which determines the magnetic flux path from magnet. Thus the position of permanent magnet and the barrier shape has to be designed by considering both specification and operation condition. In the paper, the permanent magnet and barrier shape which is suitable for direct drive motor of washing machine has been studied. In addition, in order to verify the validity of the study, the test was evaluated by making a prototype motor.
IPMSM(Interior Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor);DD(Direct-drive);FEM(Finite Element Method)
- Kim Young Kwan, "A study on the characteristics design of direct drive permanent magnet synchronous motor for domestic electric washing machine," Hanyang University doctoral thesis, 2008.
- Maxime R. Dubois, Henk Polinder, Jan A. Ferreira, "Contribution of Permanent-Magnet Volume Elements to No-Load Voltage in Machines", IEEE Transactions. On Magnetics, vol. 39, no. 3, May 2003.
- Human Resource Development Center for Electric machine and Devices, "DD (Direct Drive) Motor design and control", 2007.
- Masayuki Sanada, Kenji Hiramoto, Shigeo Morimoto, Yoji Takeda, "Torque ripple improvement for synchronous reluctance motor using an asymmetric flux barrier arrangement," IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, Vol. 40, No. 4, July/August 2004.
- Hanyang University Energy Conversion Laboratory, "Desing and Control of IPMSM", Inter Vision, 2007.
- A. Kioumarsi, M. Moallem, B. Fahimi, "Mitigation of Torque Ripple in Interior Permanent Magnet Motors by Optimal Shape Design," IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON MAGNETICS, VOL. 42, NO. 11, NOVEMBER 2006.