- Volume 29 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Design and A Safety Analysis and Assessment of a Grounding System according to International Standards
국제 표준(IEC)에 의한 접지 설계 및 이에 대한 안전성 분석·평가
- Kim, Doo-Ung (College of Information and Communication Engineering, Sungkyunkwan University) ;
- Cho, Man-Hyung ;
- Kim, Han-Soo ;
- Shin, Dae-Sung ;
- Ryu, Ki-Hwan ;
- Kim, Chul-Hwan (College of Information and Communication Engineering, Sungkyunkwan University)
- Received : 2015.07.13
- Accepted : 2015.08.24
- Published : 2015.10.30
In this paper, we evaluate safety of grounding system which is designed according to IEC standards. Safety assessment of construction site and grounding system of building is needed before construction for the safety of human in building. Until now, in case of domestic field, design of grounding system is proceeded based on methods which are proposed in IEEE Std. 80. In other words, it is not in the situation that grounding system is designed based on IEC standards. Therefore, we propose a method which designs grounding system and evaluates safety of it according to IEC standards. We measure ground resistance of construction site using measuring equipment of ground resistance. Using this value, soil structure and ground resistivity are obtained through program analysis. CDEGS program of SES company is used for simulation analysis.
Grounding System;Safety;International Standards;Touch Voltage;Electrical Installation
- Jin-Soo Jung, Woon-Ki Han, Oh-Hwan Kim, Jae-Chul Kim, "The Comparison and Analysis about Earth System based on IEC60364", KIIEE, Vol.24, No.1, 2010. 1.
- "Electrical Installations for Buildings", IEC 60364-5-51, 2005.
- Seok-Geum Son, Jae-Chul Kim, "Mesh Grounding Grid Design of Dangerous Voltage Review", KIEE, Vol.66, No.3, 2011. 9.
- "Electrical Installation guide", IEC 61200-413, 1996.
- Massimo Mitolo, "Effects of Electrical Currents and Bonding Requirements in Buildings", 41st IAS Annual Meeting. Conference Record of the 2006 IEEE, p.1816-1820, Volume 4.
- Massimo Mitolo, "Electrical Safety of Low-Voltage Systems", McGraw-Hill, 2009.
- Ju-Cheol Lee, Jin-Geun Yeom, Seung-Hyun Jeong, Cheol-Gyun Byeon, Jae-Chul Kim, "The Design Flowchart of Earthing System for Building Electrical Installations in Accordance with International Standards", KIIEE, Vol.28, No.8, 2014. 6.
- Ki-Hong LEE, "Global Earthing System", KIIEE, Vol.25, No.3, 2011. 5.
- Design Methods of Underwater Grounding Electrode Array by Considering Inter-Electrode Interference for Floating PVs vol.11, pp.4, 2018, https://doi.org/10.3390/en11040982