- Volume 29 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
High-Efficiency Converter for Automotive Headlamp Using New H-type Snubber
새로운 H-type 스너버를 이용한 차량 헤드램프용 고효율 컨버터
- Received : 2015.08.03
- Accepted : 2015.09.03
- Published : 2015.10.30
Recently, LED light has been increasingly adopted for vehicles in both domestic and foreign automotive markets, while a variety of LED lights have been developed to be used particularly for headlamps. In this paper, we propose an H-type resonant snubber circuit topology for high efficiency of vehicle LDM (LED Driver Module) and realized LDM functions for vehicle headlamp by designing high-efficiency convertors. In addition, this study reduced the financial burden by configuring the system to control the whole with micom except for the use of individual dedicated chips to drive LED for high and low beam. In order to verify the validity of the proposed H-type resonant snubber capable of soft switching, simulations were performed using PSIM. As a result, the validity was experimentally verified by creating a prototype. Moreover, in order to actually attach the headlamp, the performance of the proposed convertor was confirmed by designing LDM to the limited size. Communications between the headlamp and higher controller were realized using LIN(Local Interconnect Network).
Low Cost;Automotive;Headlamp;LDM;Boost Converter
- H.J Kim, H.J Kim, G.H Kim, C.M Lee, H Kim, O.H An, "A Study of Driver Brain Wave Characteristics through Changes in Headlamp Brightness", Journal of the Korean Institute of Illuminating and Electrical Installation Engineers Vol.21 No.9, pp 1-6, 2007.
- H.G Jeong., S.B Han., C.Y Jang., "Energy Efficient LED Lighting Design to utilize the Sun Light, Joural of thr Korean Solar Energy Society Vol. 31, pp.31-36, 2011.
- J.Bayer, M.Koplin, J.Butcher, K.Frieddrich, T.Roebke, H.Wiegman, G.R.Brower, "Optimizing thhr University of Wisconsin's Parallel Hybrid-Electric Aluminum Intensive Vehicle", SAE,March, 1999.
- S.W. OH, J.S. Bae, Y.M. Kim, H.B. Han, "Standardization Development of DRL LDM inside Head Lamp", The Korean Society of Automotive Engineers, Vol. 13, pp.1031-1032. 2013.
- I. V. Rozhansky and D. A. Zakheim, "Analysis of the cause of the decrease in the electroluminescence efficiency of AlGaInN light-emitting-diode hetero structures at high pumping density," Semiconductors, vol. 40, no. 7, pp. 839-845, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1134/S1063782606070190
Grant : 미래 에너지 저장 시스템 응용 기술 인력 양성