- Volume 29 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Study on Insulation Diagnosis of Poor Contact between Electrode and Solid Insulator in Eco-Gas
친환경 가스 중 전극과 고체절연체의 불량접촉에 관한 절연진단연구
- Lim, Dong-Young ;
- Choi, Eun-Hyeok ;
- Bae, Sungwoo ;
- Choi, Sang-Tae ;
- Lee, Kwang-Sik ;
- Choi, Byoung-Ju
- Received : 2015.08.22
- Accepted : 2015.09.14
- Published : 2015.10.30
This paper presents the characteristics of partial discharge and radiated electromagnetic waves in the existence of a poor contact for the insulation diagnosis of eco-friendly power equipment. AC surface discharge experiment was conducted to simulate the poor contact between a hive voltage electrode (anode) and a solid insulator in
Insulation Diagnosis;Partial Discharge;Poor Contact;Radiated Electromagnetic Waves
H. Okubo, A. Beroual, "Recent Trend and Future Perspectives in Electrical Insulation Techniques in Relation to Sulfur Hexafluoride (
$SF_6$) Substitutes for High Voltage Electric Power Equipment", IEEE Electr. Insul. Mag., Vol. 27, No. 2, pp. 34-42, 2011.
- L. G. Christophorou, J. K. Olthoff and R. J. Van Brunt, "Sulfur Hexafluoride and the Electric Power Industry", IEEE Electr. Insul. Mag., Vol. 13, No. 5, pp. 20-24, 1997.
H. Okubo and N. Hayakawa, "Dielectric Characteristics and Electrical Insulation Design Techniques of Gases and Gas Mixtures as Alternatives to
$SF_6$", Gaseous Dielectrics X, pp. 243-252, 2004.
- T. Takuma, O. Yamamoto and S. Hamada, "GASES AS A DIELECTRIC", Gaseous Dielectrics X, pp. 195-204, 2004.
- E. H. Choi, B. H. Koo, L. K. Kim and K. S. Lee, "Assess of Breakdown Characteristics about Environmentally Friendly Gases", J Korean Inst. IIIum. Electr. Install. Eng., Vol. 23, No. 5, pp. 96-100, 2009.
M. Taki, D. Maekawa, H. Odaka, H. Mizoguchi and S. Yanabu, "Interruption Capability of
$CF_3I$Gas as a Substitution Candidate for $SF_6$Gas", IEEE Trans. Dielectri. Electr. Insul., Vol. 14, No. 2, pp. 341-346, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TDEI.2007.344612
T. Rokunohe, Y. Yagihashi, K. Aoyagi, T. Oomori, and F. Endo, "Development of
$SF_6$-free 72.5 kV GIS", IEEE Trans. Power Deliv., Vol. 22, No. 3, pp. 1869-1876, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRD.2007.899273
- J. H. Lee, H. Park, E. H. Choi, S. H. Jang and K. S. Lee, "Surface Discharge Characteristics of Teflon Resin in Environment-Friendly Insulation Gas", J Korean Inst. IIIum. Electr. Install. Eng., Vol. 23, No. 10, pp. 121-127, 2009.
- D. Y. Lim, "Comparative Study on Surface Insulation Performance in Oxygen/Nitrogen Gas Mixtures for High Voltage Equipment in Distribution Class", Ph. D. Thesis, Yeungnam University, 2015.
- S. K. Kim, "A Study on Electrical Properties of Polymeric Insulating Materials for Eco-Friendly Power Cable", M. S. thesis, Hoseo University, 2013.
- R. Sarathi, A. J. Reid and M. D. Judd, "Partial Discharge Study in Transformer Oil due to Particle Movement under DC Voltage using the UHF Technique", Electric Power Systems Research, Vol. 78, pp. 1819-1825, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.epsr.2008.03.022
- M. D. Judd, O. Farish, and B. F. Hampton, "The Excitation of UHF Signals by Partial Discharges in GIS", IEEE Trans. Dielectr. Electr. Insul., Vol. 3, No. 2, pp. 213-228, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1109/94.486773
- M. Hikita, S. Otsuka, T. Teshima, S. Okabe, and S. Kaneko, "Electromagnetic (EM) Wave Leakage at the Spacer Aperture for Partial Discharge Diagnosis", IEEE, Trans. Dielectr. Electr. Insul., Vol. 14, No. 2, pp. 453-460, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TDEI.2007.344624
- T. Hoshino, K. Kato, N. Hayakawa and H. Okubo, "Frequency Characteristics of Electromagnetic Wave Radiated From GIS Apertures", IEEE Trans. Power Deliv., Vol. 16, No. 4, pp. 552-557, 2001.
- T. K. Saha, "Review of Modern Diagnostic Techniques for Assessing Insulation Condition in Aged Transformers", IEEE, Trans. Dielectr. Electr. Insul., Vol. 10, No. 5, pp. 903-917, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1109/TDEI.2003.1237337
D. Y. Lim, E. H. Choi, S. T. Choi, B. J. Choi, K. S. Lee and S. Bae, "Surface Flashover Characteristics on Poor Contact in
$N_2/O_2$Mixture Gas under Non-Uniform Field", J Korean Inst. IIIum. Electr. Install. Eng., Vol. 29, No. 8, pp. 63-69, 2015.
- S. G. Park, E. H. Choi and K. S. Lee, "A Design of Insulted Diagnosis Sensor and the Characteristics of Frequency Spectrum from the Radiated Electromagnetic Waves according to Surface Discharge", J Korean Inst. IIIum. Electr. Install. Eng., Vol. 26, No. 10, pp. 27-34, 2012.
- D. Y. Lim and S. Bae, "Study on Oxygen/Nitrogen Gas Mixtures for the Surface Insulation Performance in Gas Insulated Switchgear", IEEE Trans. Dielectr. Electr. Insul., Vol. 22, No. 3, pp. 1567-1576, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1109/TDEI.2015.7116352
- H. C. Miller, "Surface Flashover of Insulators", IEEE Trans. Dielectr. Electr. Insul., Vol. 24, No. 5, pp. 765-786, 1989. https://doi.org/10.1109/14.42158
- J. S. Lim, K. Park, S. G. Goo, J. Y. Yoon and K, J. Jung, "Measurement of Ultra-High Frequency (UHF) Noise Spectra in GIS Substation", KIEE Summer Conference, pp. 1768-1769, 2003.