- Volume 29 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Influence of Q-filter on Disturbance Observer Controller for Electro-Magnetic Suspension Systems
자기부상시스템의 외란관측기 제어기에 Q 필터가 미치는 영향에 관한 연구
- Received : 2015.09.02
- Accepted : 2015.09.15
- Published : 2015.10.30
The disturbance observer (DOB) controller has been widely used in various industrial applications since it is capable of achieving robust stability and disturbance rejection. In this paper, we study the effect of Q-filter on disturbance observer controller for Electro-Magnetic suspension (EMS) systems. We consider three Q-filters and analyze their effects on the robust stability against parameter uncertainties due to mass variation. Moreover, we investigate the influence of sensor noise for three Q-filters. According to our study, robust stability improves as the order of Q-filter decreases. On the other hand, the larger the order of Q-filter, the more the effect of sensor noise can be removed.
Electro-Magnetic suspension system;Disturbance Observer;Model uncertainties;Disburbance Rejection
- D. Cho, Y. Kato, and D. Spilman, "Sliding mode and classical control magnetic levitations systems," IEEE Control Systems Magazine, vol. 13, pp. 42-48, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1109/37.184792
- A. E. Hajjaji and M. Ouladsine, "Modeling and nonlinear control of magnetic levitation systems," IEEE Transactions on industrial Electronics, vol. 48, pp. 831-838, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1109/41.937416
- Z. J. Yang, Y. Fukushima, S. Kanae, and K. Wada, "Adaptive robust output-feedback control of a magnetic levitation system by k-filter approach," IEEE Trans. Industrial, vol. 55, pp. 390-399, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2007.896488
- Y. Park, M. R. Nam, I. H. Seo, S. H. Lee, J. T. Lim, and M.-J. Tahk, "Least squares based PID control of an electromagnetic suspension system," KSAS Int. Journal, vol. 4, pp. 69-78, 2003.
- G.F. Franklin, J.D. Powell, A. Emami-Naeini, Feedback Control of Dynamic Systems, Prentice-Hall, 2000.
- E. Schrijver and J. van Dijk, "Disturbance observers for rigid mechanical systems: equivalence, stability, and design," J. of Dynamical Systems, Measurement, and Control, vol. 124, pp. 539-548, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.1513570
- H. Kobayashi, S. Katsura, and K. Ohnishi. "An analysis of parameter variations of disturbance observer for motion control," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., vol. 54, pp. 3413-3421, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2007.905948
- H. Shim, N.H. Jo, "An almost necessary and sufficient condition for robust stability of closed-loop systems with disturbance observer", Automatica, vol 45, pp 296-299, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.automatica.2008.10.009
- N.H. Jo, Y. Joo, and H. Shim, "A study of disturbance observers with unknown relative degree of the plant," Automatica, vol 50, pp. 1730-1734, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.automatica.2014.04.015
- Quanser, Maglev user manuals, 2008.
- V.L. Kharitonov, "Asymptotic stability of an equilibrium position of a family of systems of linear differential equations,", Differential'nye Uraveniya, Vol 14, pp 1483-1485, 1978.
Supported by : 한국에너지기술평가원(KETEP)