- Volume 31 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Arsenic Removal Characteristics of TiO2 Powders in Ground Water
상용 TiO2의 지하수 비소제거 특성에 관한 연구
- Received : 2015.09.17
- Accepted : 2015.10.01
- Published : 2015.11.30
This study aims to evaluate arsenic adsorption efficiencies over various metal oxides (CeO2, TiO2, Fe3O4, ZrO2, AlOOH, SiO2, α-Al2O3, and γ-Al2O3) and investigate the correlation between physico-chemical characteristics of metal oxides and their efficiencies. From XPS, XRD BET analysis and isotherm adsorption test, TiO2 powder showed that the best adsorption efficiency, and it's mechanism was highly depended on the chemical adsorption.
- Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR). (2007). Division of Toxicology and Environmental Medicine, CAS # 100-41-4, PUBLIC HEALTH STATEMENT. Atlanta, USA, pp. 1-2.
- Ahn, J. S., Ko, K. S., Lee, J. S., and Kim, J. Y. (2005). Characteristics of Natural Arsenic Contamination in Groundwater and Its Occurrences, Economic and Environmental Geology, 38(5), pp. 547-561. [Korean Literature]
- Dada, A. O., Olalekan, A. P., Olatunya, A. M., and Dada, O. (2012). Langmuir, Freundlich, Temkin and Dubinin- Radushkevich Isotherms Studies of Equilibrium Sorption of Zn2+ Unto Phosphoric Acid Modified Rice Husk, Journal of Applied Chemistry, 3(1), pp. 38-45.
- Dubinin, M. M. (1960). The Potential Theory of Adsorption of Gases and Vapors for Adsorbents with Energetically Nonuniform Surfaces, Chemical Reviews, 60(2), pp. 235-241. https://doi.org/10.1021/cr60204a006
- Fields, K. A., Chen, A., and Wang, L. (2000). Arsenic Removal from Drinking Water by Coagulation/Filtration and Lime Softening Plants, U.S. EPA.
- Jeon, B. H., Kim, S. J., Lee, S. H., and Jung, W. S. (2008). Arsenic pollution of Soil and Groundwater, Removal Technology trends, Mine Reclamation Corporation, 2(1), pp. 3-13. [Korean Literature]
- Kosmulski, M. (2009). Compilation of PZC and IEP of sparingly soluble metal oxides and hydroxides from literature, Advances in Colloid and Interface Science, 152, pp. 14-25. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cis.2009.08.003
- Lee, J. J. (2014). Isotherms, Kinetics and Thermodynamic Parameters Studies of New Fuchsin Dye Adsorption on Granular Activated Carbon, Applied Chemical Engineering, 25(6), pp. 632-638. https://doi.org/10.14478/ace.2014.1120
- Ministry of Environment (MOE). (2005). Mesoporous Media Iyonghan Pekwangsan Jubyen Oyemtoyang Junghwa Mich Junggumsok Oyem Jihasu Churikisul Gaebal, Ministry of Environment. [Korean Literature]
- Weber, J. and Miller, C. (1989). Organic Chemical Movement Over and Through Soil, Reactions and Movement of Organic Chemicals in Soils, Sawhney, Soil Science Society of America and American Society of Agronomy, pp. 305-334.
- Weber, T. W. and Chakravorti, R. K. (1974). Pore and Solid Diffusion Models for Fixed-Bed Adsorbers, Journal of American Institute of Chemical Engineers, 20(2), pp. 228-238. https://doi.org/10.1002/aic.690200204
- Won, S. H. and Lee, Y. C. (2007). Adsorption Behavior of p-Chloro phenol on Nonionic Polymeric Adsorbents: Adsorption Equilibrium Behavior and Evaluation for Adsorbability of Adsorbents, Korean Journal EHS Assessment, 5(4), pp. 13-23. [Korean Literature]
- World Health Organization (WHO). (2000). World Health Report 2000, Health Systems, Improving Performance, Geneva, World Health Organization.
- Yang, J. K., Yoo, D. H., Lee, S. I., Kown, H. K., Cho, J. H., and Sung, J. Y. (2003). Removal of Toxic As(3) by using Iron-Coated Sand, Korean Society of Environmental Engineers Journal, 5(1), pp. 450-457. [Korean Literature]
- Yang, R. T. (1987). Gas Separation by Adsorption Processes, Butterworth, Boston, pp. 39-45.
- Yoo, H. G., Lee, K. H., and Joo, H. J. (2015). A Study on the Characteristic of Iron Oxide Carrier for the Removal of Arsenic in Small Water Treatment Plant, Journal of Korean Society on Water Environment, 31(2), pp. 209-215. [Korean Literature] https://doi.org/10.15681/KSWE.2015.31.2.209