- Volume 31 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Survey on Lake Environments in the Yeongsan and Seomjin River Basins - Based on 10 lakes such as Hadong and Sangsa -
영산강·섬진강수계 호소환경조사 - 하동호 등 10개 호소 중심으로 -
Kim, Shin-Jo;Song, Hyo-Jeong;Park, Tae-Jin;Hwang, Moon-Young;Cho, Hang-Soo;Song, Kwang-Duck;Lee, Hyung-Jin;Kim, Young-Suk
- Received : 2015.05.08
- Accepted : 2015.11.16
- Published : 2015.11.30
Yearly mean temperature in the 29 lakes surveyed ranges from 12.6 (Suncheon) to 13.9℃ (Mokpo), the lowest in −2.7℃ (January) and the highest in 25.9℃ (July). Monthly mean the amount of rainfall recorded the highest of 336.7 mm in August and the lowest with 4.9 mm in January. A total of 424 species of phytoplankton were identified. They were 157 Chlorophyceae, 161 Bacillariophyceae, 39 Cyanophyceae, and 67 other algal taxa. The phytoplankton diversity were low in stream type reservoirs such as Guemho, Youngsan and Youngam. The population density of phytoplankton ranged from 19 to 53,161 cells/ml. Annual mean of total zooplankton abundance in 45 sites was 369±827 ind./L (n=180). Rotifers were the most common taxa and their relative abundance was high (65~77%). The benthic microinvertebrate fauna of 10 reservoirs of Jeonnam province were 71 species of 61 genera of 44 families of 16 orders of 7 classes of 4 phyla. Aquatic insects of Phylum Arthropoda were 50 species of 44 genera of 28 families of 6 orders. The number of individuals was 6,132. Diptera was highiest (41.3%), and Ephemeroptera (31.0%), Trichoptera (17.5%), Anellida (3.8%), Mollusca (3.3%), Crustacea (0.4%). Large hydrophytes were identified 32 taxa, 2 varieties 30 species 26 genera and 20 families. Especially, Jijung and Juam lakes require management such as physical remove of this ecosystem disturbance field plants. Fishes were identified total 44 taxa, such as 25 Cyprinidae (56.8%), 8 Cobitidae (17.0%), 3 Gobiidae (6.4%), 2 Bagridae (4.3%), 2 Osmeridae (4.3%), 2 Odontobutidae (4.3%), 2 Centrachidae (4.3%), 1 Siluridae (2.1%), and 1 Centropomidae (2.1%). A pale chub was dominant species (18.9%).
Aquatic invertebrate;Fish;Gwangju;Large hydrophyte;Phytoplankton;Zooplankton
- Barnes, R. S. K. and Mann, K. H. (1991a). Fundamentals of Aquatic Ecology, Blackwell Science Inc. (2nd Ed.).
- Barnes, R. S. K. and Mann, K. H. (1991b). Fundamentals of Aquatic Ecology, Blackwell Scientific Publications, Oxford.
- Choi, J. S., Kim, H. S., and Kang, M. D. (1998). Seasonal Dynamics of Epilithic Diatom Community in the Sinchun, Korean Society of Limnology, 31(3), pp. 235-240. [Korean Literature]
- Chung, J., Kim, H. S., and Kim, Y. J. (1994). Structure of Phytoplankton Community in the Nakdong River Estuary Dam, Korean Society of Limnology, 27(1), pp. 33-46. [Korean Literature]
- Kim, H. S. and Park, J. H. (2003). Development of Eutrophication Control Technology for a Pumped Storage Power Plant Dam: B. Evaluation of the Trophic Level of a Pumped Storage Power Olant Reservoir, International Journal of Research Institute of Industrial Science and Technology, 17(2), pp. 51-57. [Korean Literature]
- Lee, D. H., Cho, Y. G., and Lee, J. J. (2000). An Influence on the Water Quality by Sediments of Dongbok Reservoir, 2002 Spring Co-Conference of the Korean Society on Water Environment and Korean Society of Water and Wastewater, Korean Society on Water Environment and Korean Society of Water and Wastewater, pp. 307-310. [Korean Literature]
- Lee, H. J. (1999). Epilithic Diatoms in the Nakdong River and its Value of the Diatom Assemblage Index of Organic Water Pollution (DAIpo), Korean Society of Limnology, 31(1), pp. 38-44. [Korean Literature]
- Leidy, R. A. and Moyle, P. B. (1998). Conservation Status of World's Fish Fauna: An Overview. In Conservation Biology: For the Coming Decade, eds Peggy S. Fiedler and Peter M. Kareiva, Capter 8. Chapman & Hall.
- Ministry of Environment (MOE). (2011). Water Information System (WIS), http://water.nier.go.kr (accessed 2011.12.14.) [Korean Literature]
- Odum, E. P. (1971). Fundamentals of Ecology, International Thomson Publishing (3rd Ed.), pp. 574.
- Park, H. K., Cheon, S. U., Park, S. I., Lee, M. H., and Ryu, J. K. (1992). Seasonal Successtion of Phytoplankton in some Artificial Lakes of Korea, Journal of Korean Society On Water Environment, 8(3), pp. 150-158. [Korean Literature]
- Seong, C. N., Kim, J. H., Cho, H. U., Han, W. D., and Kim, H. W. (2003). Survey on Lake Environment, Jeonnam Green Environment Center Final Report.
- Welch, E. B. and Lindell, T. (1992). Ecological Effects of Wastewater, 2nd. Champman & Hall, London.
- Welschemeyer, N. A. and Lorenzen, C. J. (1985). Role of Herbivory in Controlling Phytoplankton Abundance: Annual Pigment Budget for a Temperate Marine Ford, Marine Biology, 90(1), pp. 75-86. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00428217