- Volume 31 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Development of Composite Soil Quality Index Evaluation System based on Web GIS
Web GIS기반의 복합적 토양 질 평가 시스템 개발
- Sung, Yunsoo ;
- Yang, Jae E ;
- Kim, Sung Chul ;
- Ryu, Jichul ;
- Jang, Wonseok ;
- Kum, Donghyuk ;
- Lim, Kyoung Jae
- Received : 2015.10.08
- Accepted : 2015.11.16
- Published : 2015.11.30
It has been known that torrential rainfall events have been occurring worldwide due to climate change. The accelerated soil erosion has caused negative impacts on water quality and ecosystem of receiving waterbodies. Since soil security issues have been arising in various areas of the world, intensive interests have been given to topsoil management in Korea. Thus in this study, Web GIS-based computing system of physical, chemical, and biological topsoil quality indices were developed. In this study, five soil quality maps at national scale and top soil erosion potential were prepared for evaluation of soil quality based on soil erosion potential. For this system, the open source Web GIS engine, OpenGeo, was used as core engine of the system. With this system, decision makers or related personnel in areas of soil erosion Best Management Practices (BMPs) would be able to find the most appropriate soil erosion BMPs based on soil erosion potential and soil quality at the area of interest. The Web GIS system would be efficiently used in decision making processes because of ease-of-use interface and scientific data used in this system. This Web GIS system would be efficiently used because this system could provide scientific knowledge to decision makers or stakeholders. Currently various BMP database are being built to be used as a decision support system in topsoil management and topsoil quality areas.
BMPs;Soil erosion;Soil quality;Web GIS
- Cho, Y. H., Lee, J. M., Kim, W. T., Yoon, Y. H., Kang, H. K., Park, B. J., Yoon, T. S., Jang, K. E., Shin, K. J., Eo, Y. J., Kwak, M. Y., and Kim, W. T. (2013). A Study on the Actual Condition of Topsoil Management at River Restoration Projects, Journal of the Korean Institute of Landscape Architecture, 41(1), pp. 34-43. [Korean Literature] https://doi.org/10.9715/KILA.2013.41.1.034
- Cho, Y. S., Kim, H. C., Choi, W. J., Lee, W. C., Lee, S. M., and Hong, S. J. (2010). Development of Bivalve Culture Management System based on GIS for Oyster Aquaculture in GeojeHansan Bay, Journal of the Korean Society of Marine Environment & Safety, 16(1), pp. 11-20. [Korean Literature]
- Chung, J. B. and Lee, Y. J. (2008). Comparison of Soil Nutrient Status in Conventional and Organic Apple Farm, Korean Journal of Soil Science and Fertilizer, 41(1), pp. 26-34. [Korean Literature]
- Jung, D. H., Kim, H. J., Lee, Y. J., Hong, S. H., Yoon, J. H., Choi, H. L., and Cho, H. L. (2012). A Study on Selection and Measures of the Apprehensive Areas of Soil Loss in the So-ok Stream Watershed, Journal of Environmental Impact Assessment, 21(5), pp. 617-629. [Korean Literature]
- Kim, J. H., Kim, K. T., and Lee, H. J. (2009). Analysis of Korea Soil Loss and Hazard Zone, Journal of Korea Spatial Information Society, 17(3), pp. 261-268. [Korean Literature]
- Kim, J. H., Ahn, S. Y., Park, M. W., and Yoo, H. J. (2012). An Integrated Multidimensional Management System of Surface Water Environment through the Combination of EFDC, WASP7, MFEMWASP, and ArcGIS, Journal of the Environment, 9(1), pp .45-56. [Korean Literature]
- Kim, W. T., Cho, Y. H., Lee, J. M., Yoon, Y. H., Kang, H. K., Park, B. J., Yoon, T. S., Jang, K. E., Shin, K. J., Eo, Y. J., Kwak, M. Y., and Song, H. S. (2014). A Study on Actual Condition of Topsoil Management at Forest Development Projects, Journal of The Korea Society of Environmental Restoration Technology, 17(1) pp. 13-25. [Korean Literature]
- Korea Environmental Industry & Technology Institute (KEITI). (2014). Evaluating Multifunctional Quality of Topsoil and Developing the Optimized Management System, Ministry of Environment. [Korean Literature]
- Lee, C. Y., Kim, K. H., Park, Y. G., and Lee, H. (2014). Construction Schemes of GIS-based Integrated Water Environment Information Management System Linked with Korean Reach File, Journal of Korean Society on Water Environment, 30(2), pp. 783-789. [Korean Literature]
- Lee, J. M. (2013). A Study on Topsoil Management Practices in Development Projects, Master's Thesis, Kongju University, Kongju, Korea, pp. 1-7. [Korean Literature]
- Lee, W. D. (2014). Analysis of Temporal Change in Soil Erosion Potentia;l at Haean-myeon Watershed Due to Climate Change, Master's Thesis, Kangwon National University, Chuncheon, Korea, pp. 1-10. [Korean Literature]
- National Institute of Agricultural Sciences (NAAS). (2009). Annual Report of the Monitoring Project on Agro-Environment Quality, Rural Development Administration, pp. 43-87. [Korean Literature]
- National Institute of Environmental Research (NIER). (2011). The Result of Soil and Soil Pollution Monitoring to 2010, Ministry of Environment. pp. 90-103. [Korean Literature]
- Publishing Oecd Publishing (OECD). (2008). Environmental Performance of Agriculture in OECD Countries Since 1990, pp. 86-91.
- Rural Research Institute (RRI). (2011). Non-point Pollution Source Management Source-book of Agriculture, Korea Rural Community Corporation. pp. 27-130. [Korean Literature]
- The Heron Mapping Client (Heron-mc) (2014). http://heronmc.org/. (accessed Sep. 2013).
- USDA-NRCS Soil quality for environmental health (USDA-NRCS). (2011). http://soilquality.org/. (accessed Sep. 2015).