- Volume 29 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Calculation of Load on Jacket Leg during Float-over Installation of Dual Topsides using Single Vessel
단일 설치선을 사용한 2기 해양플랜트 Topside Float Over 설치 시 Jacket Leg의 하중 계산
Bae, Dong-Yeol;Lee, Seung-Jae;Lee, Jaeyong
- Received : 2014.11.28
- Accepted : 2015.02.27
- Published : 2015.04.30
The float over method is the most preferred method for installing heavy topside onto a jacket platform. A very complex platform with multiple jacket structures on a specific field requires multiple installation procedures. This study validated the installation of two topsides using a single installation barge to reduce the operation and installation cost. The hydrodynamic properties of the installation barge during the installation of two topsides were calculated. The tension and fender forces during docking were investigated to show the validity of the proposed dual topside installation method. In conclusion, the operational safety of the proposed procedure was validated through the calculation of the motion of the installation vessel and loads on the jacket legs.
Multiple topside;Installation;Mating;Docking;Motion RAOs;Fender forces;Mooring tensions
- American Petroleum Institude(API), 2005. Design and Analysis of Stationkeeping Systems for Floating Structures Recommended Practice 2SK 3rd Edition. American Petroleum Institute, 30.
- Cholley, J., Delage, B., Cahay, M., 2009. Float-Over at High Air Gap Design and Issues. ASME 28th International Conference on Ocean, Offshore and Arctic Engineering, Hawaii, 105-110.
- Hamilton, J., French. R., Penman, A., 2008. Topsides and Jacket Modeling for Floatover Installation Design. Offshore Technology Conference, Houston, 1-14.
- Hamilton, J., Ramzan, F., 1991. Dynamic Analysis of Offshore Heavy Lifts. Proceedings of the First International Offshore and Polar Engiineering Conference, Edinburgh, 23-34.
- Jung, J., Lee, W., Shin, H., 2009. Evaluating the Impact Load on the Offshore Platform During Float-over Topside Installation. Proceedings of the Nineteenth International Offshore and Polar Engiineering Conference, Osaka, 205-210.
- Kurian, V.J., Baharuddin, N.H., Hashim, A.M., Magee, A.R., 2012. Dynamic Responses of Float-over Barge Subjected to Random Waves. Proceedings of the Twenty-second International Offshore and Polar Engiineering Conference, Rhodes, 949-954.
- Park, C.G., 2013. Feed Design of Jacket Topside Float-over. Offshore Plant Design Conference, Mokpo, 141-147.
- Seij, M., Groot, H., 2007. State of the Art in Float-Overs. Offshore Technology Conferance, Houston, 1-9.
- Tribout, C., Emery, D., and Weber, P., Kaper, R., 2007. Float-overs Offshore West Africa. Offshore Technology Conferance, Houston, 1-10.
- Wang, A., Jiang, X., Yu, C., Zhu, S., Li, H., Wei, Y., 2010. Latest Progress in Floatover Technologies for Offshore Installation and Decommissioning. Proceeding of the Twentieth International Offshore and Polar Engineering Conference, Beijing, 9-20.
- Structural Optimization of an LMU Using Approximate Model vol.17, pp.6, 2018, https://doi.org/10.14775/ksmpe.2018.17.6.075
Supported by : 한국연구재단