- Volume 24 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Estimation of Design Rainfall Based on Climate Change Scenario in Jeju Island
기후변화 시나리오를 고려한 제주도 확률강우량 산정
Lee, Jun-Ho;Yang, Sung-Kee;Jung, Woo-Yul;Yang, Won-Seok
- Received : 2014.08.21
- Accepted : 2014.11.16
- Published : 2015.04.30
As occurrence of gradually increasing extreme temperature events in Jeju Island, a hybrid downscaling technique that simultaneously applies by dynamical method and statistical method has implemented on design rainfall in order to reduce flood damages from severe storms and typhoons.As a result of computation, Case 1 shows a strong tendency to excessively compute rainfall, which is continuously increasing. While Case 2 showed similar trend as Case 1, low design rainfall has computed by rainfall in A1B scenario. Based on the design rainfall computation method mainly used in Preventive Disaster System through Pre-disaster Effect Examination System and Basic Plan for River of Jeju Island which are considering climatic change for selecting 50-year and 100-year frequencies. Case 3 selecting for Jeju rain gage station and Case 1 for Seogwipo rain gage station. The results were different for each rain gage station because of difference in rainfall characteristics according to recent climatic change, and the risk of currently known design rainfall can be increased in near future.
Design rainfall;Climate change scenario;Gumbel;Quantile mapping method
- Ahn, J. H., Yoon, Y. N., Yoo, C. S., 2001, On the change of hydrologic conditions due to global warming : 2. An analysis of hydrologic changes in daechung dam basin using water balance model, Journal of Korea water Resources Association, 34(5) 511-519.
- Bae, D. H., the 28th Water engineering workshop textbook, - Climate change scenarios and long term runoff - , 84-87.
- CDWR(California Department of Water Resources), 2006, Rrogress on incorporating cliamte change into management of california's water resources, Tehnical memorandum report, avaible at http://baydeltaoffice.water.ca.gov/climatechange/reports.cfm
- Choi, Y. E., 2002, Trends in daily precipitation events and their extremes in the southern region of Korea, Korea Soc., 11(3), 189-203.
- IPCC, 2007, Climate change 2001 : The scientific basis, IPCC contribution of working group I to the third assessment report of the intergovernmental panel on climate change, cambridge unibersity press, Cambridge.
- Jeju Special Self-Governing Province, 2007, A damage form strom and flood white paper.
- Kim, U. T., Lee, D. R., Yoo, C. S., 2004, Effects of climate change on the streamflow for the daechung dam watershed, Journal of Korea water Resources Association, 37(4), 305-314. https://doi.org/10.3741/JKWRA.2004.37.4.305
- Kwon, W. T., Boo, K. O., Heo, I. H., 2007, Climate change during the recent 10 years in Korea, Conference of Korean Water Resources Association, 278-280.
- Lee, M. H., Bae, D. H., 2013, Evaluation of hydrid downscaling method combined regional climate model with step-wise scaling method, Journal of Korea water Resources Association, 46(6), 585-596. https://doi.org/10.3741/JKWRA.2013.46.6.585
- Meteorological Administration, 2011, the report : Cimate change scenario in Area - Jeju Island -.
- Park, J. C., Chol, K. J., Song, S. H., 2014, Prediction of regional drought considering aspect and elevation in jeju islnad under future climate change, Journal of the Environmental Sciences, 23(4) 649-660. https://doi.org/10.5322/JESI.2014.4.649
- Semenov, M. A., and Barrow, E. M., 2002, Astochastic weather generator for use in climate impact studies, User Manual.
- Shin, S. C., 2000, Analysis of river flow change based on some scenarios of global warming, Journal of Korea water Resources Association, 33(5) 623-634.
- Yoon, Y. N., Yoo, C. S., Lee, J. S., Ahn, J. H., 1991, On the change of flood and drought occurrence frequency due to global Warming : 2. Estimation of the change in daily rainfall depth distribution due to global warming, Journal of Korea water Resources Association, 32(6), 627-636.
Grant : 제주형 물순환 해석 및 수자원 관리 기반 구축 연구
Supported by : 국토교통부