- Volume 24 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Estimation of Transmissivity Using Parameters of Groundwater Table Fluctuation Model
지하수위 변동 해석모델의 매개변수를 이용한 투수량계수 추정
- Received : 2015.01.13
- Accepted : 2015.04.08
- Published : 2015.04.30
As hydrogeologic parameters such as hydraulic conductivity and specific yield are estimated by aquifer test, these are dependent on specific points at which field test was conducted. To overcome these site-specific limitations, a method of estimating transmissivity of aquifer using distribution features for parameters in Water table fluctuation model is newly suggested. Distribution features in reaction factor, specific yield and transmissivity having the function of pore space in aquifer are used to derive empirical equation for estimating transmissivity. From the result for applying the equation for 10 groundwater stations in Northeast Jeju Island, this equation is available for estimating transmissivity compared to the value estimated by existing equations. The estimated transmissivity ranged from 14.2 to
Water table fluctuation model;Reaction factor;Specific yield;Transmissivity
- Brakensiek, D. L., Rawls, W. J., Stephenson, G. R., 1984, Modifying SCS hydrologic soil groups and curve numbers for rangeland soils, ASAE Paper No. PNR-84-203, St. Joseph, Mich.
- Choi, B. S., 1999a, Determination of aquifer characteristics from specific capacity data of wells in Jeju Island, J. the Korean Society of Groundwater Environment, 6(4), 180-187.
- Choi, B. S., 1999b, Research of the aquifer by Single wells Pumping test(II): the case of ground water in Jeju Island, Agricultural and Industrial Technology report, 62, 87-100.
- De Zeeuw, J., Hellinga, W. F., 1958, Precipitation and drain, Agricultural Magazine, 70, 405-421.
- Duke, H. R., 1972, Capillary properties of soils-influence upon specific yield, Transaction of the ASAE, 15, 688-691. https://doi.org/10.13031/2013.37986
- Jeju Special-Governing Province Water Resource Head-quarter, www.jejuwater.go.kr
- Healy, R. W., Cook, P. G., 2002, Using groundwater levels to estimated recharge, J. Hydrol., 10, 91-109.
- Huntley, D., Nommensen, R., Steffey, D., 1992, The use of specific capacity to assess transmissivity in fractured-rock aquifer, Groundwater, 30(3), 396-402. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1745-6584.1992.tb02008.x
- Mace, R., 1997, Determination of transmissivity from speicfic capacity tests in a Karst aquifer, Groundwater, 35(5), 738-742. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1745-6584.1997.tb00141.x
- Memon, B. A., 1995, Quantitative analysis of springs, Environmental Geology, 26, 111-120.
- Nachabe, M. H., 2002, Analytical expressions for transient specific yield and shallow water table drainage, Water resources research, 38(11), 11-1-11-7.
- Kim, G. B., Choi, D. H., Jeong, J. H., 2010, Considerations on the Specific Yield Estimation Using the Relationship between Rainfall and Groundwater Level Variations, J. Engineering Geology, 20(1), 61-70.
- Kim, N. W., Chung, I. M., Yoo, S. Y., Lee, J. W., Yang, S. K., 2009, Integrated surface-groundwater analysis in Jeju Island, J. the Environmental Sciences, 18(9), 1017-1026. https://doi.org/10.5322/JES.2009.18.9.1017
- Kim, N. W., Kim, Y. J., Chung. I. M., 2013a, Development of analyzing model of groundwater table fluctuation (I) : tTheory of model, J. the Korean Society of Civil Engineers, 33(6), 2277-2284. https://doi.org/10.12652/Ksce.2013.33.6.2277
- Kim, N. W., Kim, Y. J., Chung. I. M., 2013b, Development of analyzing model of groundwater table fluctuation (II) : characteristics of recharge, J. the Korean Society of Civil Engineers, 33(6), 2285-2291. https://doi.org/10.12652/Ksce.2013.33.6.2285
- Kim, N. W., Kim, Y. J., Chung. I. M., 2014, Sensitivity analysis of hydrogeologic parameters in groundwater table fluctuation model, J. the Korean Society of Civil Engineers, 34(5), 1409-1420. https://doi.org/10.12652/Ksce.2014.34.5.1409
- Kim, C. O, Koh, G. W., Park, Y. S., Yoon, J. S., 2004, A study of groundwater yield properties of aquifers in the western region of Jeju Island, J. Soil and Ground-water Environment Fall Conference, 83-88.
- Razack, M., Huntley, D., 1991, Assessing transmissibility from specific capacity in a large and heterogeneous alluvial aquifer, Groundwater, 29(6), 856-861. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1745-6584.1991.tb00572.x
- Smedema, L. K., Rycroft, D. W., 1983, Land drainage-planning and design of agricultural, Drainage Systems, Cornel University Press, Ithaca, NY.
- Sustainable Water Resources Research Center, 2010, Development and Application of the Integrated SWAT-MODFLOW Model report.
- Woo, Y. J, Hamm, S. Y., Cheong, J. Y., Lee, S. S., Jung, C. Y., Park, Y. S., Kim, B. S., 2003, Hydraulic properties of aquifer in volcanic rock by pumping test in Jeju Island, J. Soil and Groundwater Environment Fall Conference, 292-295.
- Analysis of Water Level Fluctuations according to Groundwater Development and Pumping Duration vol.25, pp.1, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5322/JESI.2016.25.1.135
Supported by : 국토교통부