- Volume 24 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Groundwater Modeling for Estimating Water Balance over Pyosun Watershed in Jeju Island
제주도 표선유역의 물수지 평가를 위한 지하수 유동 모델링
Song, Sung-Ho;Lee, Gyu-Sang;An, Jung-Gi;Jeon, Sun-Geum;Yi, Myung-Jae
- Received : 2015.01.28
- Accepted : 2015.03.09
- Published : 2015.04.30
To estimate water balance of Pyosun watershed in Jeju Island, a three-dimensional finite difference model MODFLOW was applied. Moreover, the accuracy of groundwater flow modeling was evaluated through the comparison of the recharge rate by flow modeling and the existing one from water balance model. The modeling result under the steady-state condition indicates that groundwater flow direction was from Mt. Halla to the South Sea and groundwater gradient was gradually lowered depending on the elevation. Annual recharge rate by the groundwater flow modeling in Pyosun watershed was calculated to 236 million
Water balance;Pyosun watershed;MODFLOW;Recharge rate;Groundwater modeling
- An, J.G., Lee, Y.D, Hwang, J.H, 2006, Estimation of the spatial distribution of groundwater recharge by grid-based soil water balance method, J. Korean Soc. Soil and Groundwater Environ., 11(1), 65-76.
- An, J.G., Kim, T.H., 2006, Water balance of a small catchment in the subalpine grassland of Mt. Halla, Southern Korea, J. Korean Geographical Soc., 41(4), 404-417.
- An, J.G., Kim, T.H., 2008, Rainfall partitioning in a small catchment of a monogenetic volcano in Jeju Island: case study on Eoseungsaeng-oreum of Mount Halla, J. Korean asso. regional geographers, 14(3), 212-223.
- Ha, K., Moon, D., Koh, K.W., Park, K.H., 2008, Runoff Characteristics of the Oedocheon Watershed in Jeju Island, J. Korean Soc. Soil and Groundwater Environ.,13(5), 20-32.
- JSSP (Jeju Special Self-Governing Province), 1993, Master plan for water resources management in Jeju Special Self-Governing Province.
- JSSP (Jeju Special Self-Governing Province), 2012, Master plan for water resources management in Jeju Special Self-Governing Province.
- JSSPDC (Jeju Special Self-Governing Province Development Corporation), 2007, Report of groundwater impact assessment for development and use of groundwater.
- JSSPDC (Jeju Special Self-Governing Province Development Corporation), 2014, Report of groundwater impact assessment for development and use of groundwater.
- McDonald, M.G., Harbaugh, A.W., 1988, A modular three-dimensional finite-difference ground-water flow model: Techniques of Water-Resources Investigations of the United States Geological Survey, Book 6, Chapter A1, 586 p.
- Song, S.H., An, J.G., Lee, G.S., 2014a, Analysis of water budget in mountainous area of Pyosun watershed considering runoff characteristics, Proceeding of KSEG Conference.
- Song, S.H., Lee, B.S., Choi, K.J., Kim, J.S., Kim, G.P., 2014b, Evaluation of drought effect on groundwater system using groundwater level data in Jeju Island, J. Environ. Sci. Int., 23(4), 637-647. https://doi.org/10.5322/JESI.2014.4.637
- Song, S.H., Choi, K.J., Kim, J.S., 2013, Evaluation of regional characteristics using time-series data of groundwater level in Jeju Island, J. Environ. Sci. Int., 22(5), 609-623. https://doi.org/10.5322/JESI.2013.22.5.609
- Won, J.H., Lee, J.Y., Kim, J.W., Koh, G.W., 2006, Groundwater occurrence on Jeju Island, Hydrogeology Journal, 14(4), 532-547. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10040-005-0447-4
Grant : 제주형 물순환 해석 및 수자원 관리 기반 구축 연구
Supported by : 국토교통부