- Volume 24 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Assessment of Water Balance Considering Runoff Characteristics in the Mountainous Area of Pyosun Catchment in Jeju Island
유출특성을 고려한 산지지역의 물수지 평가 - 제주도 표선유역을 중심으로 -
Song, Sung-Ho;An, Jung-Gi;Lee, Gyu-Sang
- Received : 2015.02.24
- Accepted : 2015.03.23
- Published : 2015.04.30
The grid-based water balance of watershed scale was assessed in the mountainous area of Pyosun catchment in Jeju Island after analyzing precipitation, evapotranspiration, and runoff from January 2008 to December 2013. The existing results of direct runoff, evapotranspirtion, and groundwater recharge comparing to precipitation were presented 22.0%, 25.6%, and 52.4%, respectively, in Pyosun catchment. However, this study indicated each component shows 14.5%, 24.2%, and 61.0%, respectively, in the mountainous area of Pyosun catchment. Therefore, groundwater recharge rate in the mountainous area appears higher than 10% comparing to the overall catchment. It would be analyzed that the amount of direct runoff is relatively small. Moreover, this difference could be generated because of the spatial discontinuities in the process of estimating the total amount of precipitation in the mountainous area. Therefore, the grid-based spatial analysis to maximize the spatial continuity would be useful for providing a more reasonable result when the total amount of water resources are evaluated in mountainous areas in the future.
Pyosun catchment;Water balance;Mountainous area;Runoff characteristics
- RDA (Rural Development Administration), 1976, The detailed soil map for Jeju Volcanic Island.
- Allen, R.G., Pereira, L.S., Raes, D., Smith, M., 1998, Crop evapotranspiration, FAO Irrigation and Drainage Paper 56.
- An, J.G., Lee, Y.D., Hwang, J.H., 2006, Estimation of the spatial distribution of groundwater recharge by grid-based soil water balance method, J. Korean Soc. Soil and Groundwater Environ., 11(1), 65-76.
- Choi, J.K., 2002, Spatial data modeling: Kriging and optimization.
- Chung, J.H., Chang, S.P., Kim, H.I., Chung, Y.T., Huh, K.S., Park, H., 1995, Classification of hydrologic soil groups to estimate the rate of runoff, J. Korean Soc. Agri. Eng., 37(6), 12-33.
- Kull, D.W., Feldman, A., 1998, Evolution of Clark's unit graph method to spatially distributed runoff, J. Hydro. Eng. ASCE, 3(1), 9-19. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)1084-0699(1998)3:1(9)
- Goovaerts, P., 2000, Geostatistical approaches for incor-porating elevation into the spatial interpolation of rainfall, J. Hydro., 228, 113-129. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0022-1694(00)00144-X
- Ha, K., Moon, D., Koh, K.W., Park, K.H., 2008, Runoff Characteristics of the Oedocheon Watershed in Jeju Island, J. Korean Soc. Soil and Groundwater Environ., 13(5), 20-32.
- JSSP (Jeju Special Self-governing Province), 2006, Report for groundwater survey near Samdasoo pumping wells.
- JSSP (Jeju Special Self-governing Province), 2013, Long-term master plan for water resource management in Jeju (2013-2022).
- Milly, P.C.D., Eagleson, P.S., 1988, Effect of storm scale on surface runoff volume, Water Resour. Res., 24(4), 249-260.
- Nicks, A.D., 1982, Space-time quantification of rainfall inputs for hydrological transport models, J. Hydro., 59, 249-260. https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-1694(82)90090-7
- Song, S.H., An, J.G., Lee, G.S., 2014, Analysis of water budget in mountainous area of Pyosun watershed considering runoff characteristics, Proceeding of KSEG Conference.
- Viviroli, D., Weingartner, R., 2004, The hydrological significance of mountains: from regional to global scale, Hydro. Earth Syst. Sci., 8(6), 1016-1029.
- Wilson, C.B., Valdes, J.B., Rodriguez-Itube, I., 1979, On the influence of the spatial distribution of rainfall on storm runoff, Water Resour. Res., 15(2), 321-328. https://doi.org/10.1029/WR015i002p00321
- Yoon, Y.N., Kim, J.H., Yoo, C., Kim, S., 2002, A runoff parameter estimation using spatially distributed rainfall and an analysis of the effect of rainfall errors on runiff computation, J. Korea Water Resour. Assoc., 35(1), 1-12. https://doi.org/10.3741/JKWRA.2002.35.1.001
- Yoon, K., Seo, B., Shin, H., 2004, Spatial analysis of flood rainfall based on kriging technique in Nakdong river basin, J. Korea Water Resour. Assoc., 37(2), 233-240. https://doi.org/10.3741/JKWRA.2004.37.3.233
Grant : 제주형 물순환 해석 및 수자원 관리 기반 구축 연구
Supported by : 국토교통부