- Volume 15 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Influencing factors on oral health behavior and dental clinic use in industrial workers by Andersen model
앤더슨 모형을 적용한 산업체 근로자 직업유형에 따른 구강보건행위와 치과이용에 영향을 미치는 요인
Im, Ae-Jung;Heo, Yun-Min;Kim, Hyoung-Joo;Lim, Hee-Jung
- Received : 2015.01.06
- Accepted : 2015.04.06
- Published : 2015.04.30
Objectives: The purpose of the study is to investigate the oral health and oral health beliefs in industrial workers and to analyze the influencing factors on dental health care utilization. Methods: The subjects were 280 adults from 16 to 64 years old in Seoul and Gyeonggi from June 20 to July 31, 2014, A self-reported questionnaire was completed after receiving informed consent. The independent variables consisted of predisposing, enabling, and need factors. The predisposing factors included gender, age, residence area, number of family. The enabling variables included monthly income, education, occupation, type of employment. The need factors included subjective oral health recognition and oral health belief model. These three variables had a direct and indirect influence on dental clinic use. The types of occupation were classified into desk duties, merchandizing and service duties technology and others by KSCO-6. Results: The relating factors to dental health care utilization were sex, oral health beliefs perceived benefits, perceived barriers, and self-efficacy. Female tended to have the higher oral health beliefs perceived benefits, perceived barriers(p<0.01), self-efficacy(p<0.05). Conclusions: Those who received frequent oral examination and health instruction tended to have a favorable impact on maintenance of oral health status and improvement in quality of life.
Andersen model;dental service utilization;industrial workers;oral health behaviors;oral health belief
- Kim EK, Hong SJ, Chung EK, Park YN, Jung EJ, Choi CH. Cognition and action on oral health of workers using the dental clinic in factory. J Korean Acad Oral Health 2010; 34(2): 206-13.
- Kim JB, Choi YJ, Moon HS, Kim JB, Kim DK, Lee HS, et al. Public oral health. 8th ed. Seoul: Komoonsa; 2004: 122-6, 259-61.
- Kim BJ. Oral health consciousness among employees of a bing motor company in ulsan metropolitan city, korea. Department of dentistry, graduate school[Master's thesis]. Pusan: Univ. of Pusan National, 2004.
- Kim HJ, Park CM, Lee JY. Relationship between quality of life and industrial workers' oral health evaluation. J Korean Acad Dent Hyg Educ 2006; 6(4): 295-309.
- Jung JO, Ju OJ, Woo Sh. Analysis on some company workers' awareness of scaling and elated factors. J Korean Acad Dent Hyg Educ 2008; 8(1): 133-46.
- Shim JE. A survey on the necessity for the periodontal care in the industrial Workers[Master's thesis]. Gwangju: Univ. of Chosun, 2002.
- Lee JH. Cho MS. A study of oral health care pattern of the industrial workers in ulsan metropolitan city. J of Health Service Management 2012; 6(2): 15-23.
- Andersen R, Aday LA. Access to medical care in the U.S.: realized and potential. Med Care 1978; 16(7): 533-46. https://doi.org/10.1097/00005650-197807000-00001
- Moon JS. A study of instrument development for health belief of Korean adults[Doctoral dissertation]. Seoul: Univ. of Yonsei, 1990.
- Shi L, Lebrun LA, Tsai J. Access to medical care, dental care, and prescription drugs: the roles of race/ethnicity, health insurance, and income. South Med J 2010; 103(6): 509-16. http://dx.doi.org/10.1097/SMJ.0b013e3181d9c2d8. https://doi.org/10.1097/SMJ.0b013e3181d9c2d8
- Jeon JE, Chung WG, Kim NH. Determinants for dental service utilization among koreans. J Korean Acad Oral Health 2011; 35(4): 441-9.
- Kim EJ. A study on the belief and the behavior in dental health; focused on in-hospital patients[Master's thesis]. Yongin: Univ. of Dankook, 2001.
- Korea National Statistical office. Korean standard classification of occupations 6rd ed(KSCO-6)[Internet] [cited 2014 May 30]. http://kostat.go.kr/portal/korea/kor_nw/1/1/index.board?bmode=read&aSeq=51624.
- Song JR, Oh HW, Lee HS. Workers' oral health behaviors and need for education in iksan city. J Korean Acad Dent Health 2007; 31(1): 91-102.
- Lee BR. A study on oral health knowledge and behaviors of industrial workers in gwangju[Master's thesis]. Iksan: Univ. of Wonkwang, 2011.
- Kim YN. The related factors of perceived oral health in Korean adults[Doctoral dissertation]. Seoul: Univ. of Yonsei, 2004.
- Heo AR, Nam YO, Choi MH. The oral health awareness and behavior of sanitation workers in jeonju. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2013; 13(6): 1005-14. http://dx.doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2013.13.06.1005. https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2013.13.06.1005
- Woo HS. Comparative analysis on oral health status of industrial workers and korean adults[Doctoral dissertation]. Gwongju: Univ. of Chosun, 2011.
- Choi YJ, Jung HS. Analysis of related factor with practice of handwashing by clinical nurses based on health belief model. Clinical Nursing Reserarch 2004; 9(2): 32-41.
- Lim MH. A study on the oral-health belief and oral-health care of company employees. J Korean Acad Dent Hyg Educ 2008; 8(4): 205-17.
- Heo JS. Oral health behavior of steel industry workers according to work type[Master's thesis]. Iksan: Univ. of Wonkwang, 2010.
- Yoon MS, Kwon HJ. A study on oral health behavior of the industrial workers. J Korea Acad Ind Coop Soc 2013; 14(6): 2802-11. http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.6.2802.
- Chon MS. Comparative study on oral health behaviors of medical officers and common people[Master's thesis]. Iksan: Univ. of Wonkwang, 2013.
- Kim EJ, Lee HS. A study on oral health behavior of shipbuilding company workers. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2012; 12(2): 275-84. http://dx.doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2012.12.2.275. https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2012.12.2.275
- Reisine S. A path analysis of the utilization of dental service. Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 1987; 15: 119-24. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1600-0528.1987.tb00497.x. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1600-0528.1987.tb00497.x
- Kim SM. Oral health belief and oral health behavior of taxi driver in jeonju[Master's thesis]. Iksan: Univ. of Wonkwang, 2012.
- Kang MJ, Park YS. Relation between self-efficacy and health promotion behavior of elementary school student. J Korean Soc School Health 2004; 5: 43-70.
- Survey of Changes in Oral Health Behaviors through the Application of an Oral Health Education Program to Workers at Some Work Sites vol.4, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.15205/kschs.2016.12.31.699