- Volume 15 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Oral health behavior according to oral health education experience in the elementary school teachers
일부 초등학교 담임교사의 구강보건교육경험유무에 따른 구강건강행태
- Received : 2014.09.30
- Accepted : 2015.01.26
- Published : 2015.04.30
Objectives: The purpose of this study was to investigate the oral health behavior according to oral health education experience in the elementary school teachers and to provide the basic data for the development of oral health education program. Methods: A self-reported questionnaire was filled out by 239 elementary school teachers in Busan and Ulsan from May 7 to 31, 2013. The questionnaire consisted of general characteristics of the subjects, use of oral health devices, dental clinic visit within a year, purpose of dental clinic visit, subjective oral health condition, place and contents of oral health education, future contents of oral health education, purpose of tooth brushing, recognition of sealant, recognition of dental caries prevention effect of fluoride, and method and frequency of tooth brushing. Data were analyzed by Predictive Analysis Software(PASW) Statistics
elementary school teacher;oral health education;oral health behavior
- Kang SH. A study on the differences in expectations in the role of elementary school homeroom teachers among students, parents, and teachers. J Elementary Edus Stu 2010;17(2): 1-25.
- Chon JE, Choi YH. Knowledge, attitude, and practice of dental health care in the teacher of local children center. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2012; 12(4): 827-37. https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2012.12.4.827
- Kim YN, Song YS, Kim YS. Effects of mother's oral health care behaviors on dental caries in primary school children. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2012; 12(1): 145-56. https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2012.12.1.145
- Kim JB, Choi YJ. Public oral health. 5th ed. Seoul: Komoonsa; 2011: 431-69.
- Choi SS, Kim JD, Ryu HG. A study of subjective oral health condition in elementary school teachers, Daegu area. J Korean Acad Dent Health 2009; 9(3): 248-61.
- Hwang YS, Kim KM, Lim MH. Survey on tooth brushing practice of elementary school students by teachers. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2013; 13(3): 465-73. http://dx.doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2013.13.3.465. https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2013.13.3.465
- Moon SJ, Kim NS, Ha HY, Han YJ. A study on a survey of recognition level of oral health in elementary-school teachers in Jinhae city. J Korean Soc Health Edu 2010; 10(2): 283-95.
- Song KB, Kim DH, Shin YL. A study on the oral health knowledge and attitudes of elementary school nursing teachers in Daegu and Kyung-pook province. J Kyungpook Dent 1993; 10(1): 33-45.
- Yoon KK, C GL, Kim CY. A study on the oral health knowledge and attitudes of elementary school nursing teachers in pusan. J Korean Acad Dent Health 1990; 14(2): 211-220.
- Ryu K, Jeong SH, Kim JY, Choi YH, Song KB. Effect of mothers' oral health behaviour and knowledge on dental caries in their preschool children. J Korean Acad Dent Health 2004; 28(1): 105-15.
- Jung EK, Lee GR. Views about the degree of recognition of dental hygiene of elementary school teachers. J Korean Acad Dent Hyg Educ 2006; 6(2): 165-74.
- Choi YH, Suh I, Kwen HK, Ji SH. Children's dental health status in relation to their mother's oral health knowledge and practices. J Korean Acad Dent Health 1999; 23(1): 45-62.
- Lee JO, Moon HS, Kim JB, Paik DI. Knowledge and attitude of students parents on school-based incremental dental care in middle size of urban community. J Korean Acad Dent Health 2002; 26(4): 495-510.
- Choi MH. A study on awareness of oral health and oral health education among elementary school teachers. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2013; 13(3): 457-64. http://dx.doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2013.13.3.457. https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2013.13.3.457
- Flanders RA. Effectiveness of dental health educational programs in schools. J Am Dent Assoc 1987; 114(2): 239-42. https://doi.org/10.14219/jada.archive.1987.0033
- Kenney JB. The role and responsibility of schools in affecting dental health status a potential yet unrealized. J Public Health Dent 1979; 39(4): 262-7. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1752-7325.1979.tb02951.x
- Boyer EM. Classroom teacher's perceived role in dental health education. J Public Health Dent 1976; 36(4): 237-43. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1752-7325.1976.tb02611.x
- Kim ME. A study on usage status of auxiliary oral hygiene devices in service workers behavior. J Korean Acad Dent Hyg Educ 2008; 8(3): 37-52.
- Nam SM. A study on the practice application of oral hygiene auxiliary supplies and oral health status of patients in 'S' university dental clinic. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2011; 11(3): 373-81.
- Jang KA, Seong MK. Subjective oral health behaviors and recognition of childcare teacher with and without oral health education. J Dent Hyg Sci 2009; 9(3): 319-26.
- Chway GL. A study on the oral health knowledge and attitude of elementary school nursing teachers in Seoul. J Korean Soc Health Edu 1990; 7(1): 39-46.
- Yoon SJ, Shin SC. A study on appraisal for school based fluoride mouth rinsing programme. J Korean Acad Dent Health 1991; 15(1): 149-62.