- Volume 15 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Tooth whitening maintenance efficacy of dentifrices containing several active ingredients in vitro and in vivo
유효성분들을 배합한 치약제의 실험실적 및 임상적 치아미백유지 효과
Ahn, Jae-Hyun;Kim, Ji-Hye;Kim, Jong-Hoon
- Received : 2014.12.19
- Accepted : 2015.04.06
- Published : 2015.04.30
Objectives: The purpose of this study was to investigate tooth whitening maintenance efficacy of several dentifrices containing effective ingredients for tooth whitening. Methods: Hydroxyapatite specimens(HAPs) staining was done by using modified Stookey's methods. HAPs were treated with 2.9% hydrogen peroxide containing strip for whitening, and were shaken with several dentifrice slurry(dentifrice 1 : artificial saliva 2) for 30 minutes. The HAPs were finally dipped in staining solution for an hour. Shaking and dipping were repeated 4 times and lightness values were measured by colorimeter at each step. In clinical test, test 4 dentifrice and control dentifrice were evaluated by 21 subjects for 2 months after receiving institutional review board(IRB) approval. Organoleptic(vita shade guide) and instrumental(SHADEEYE-NCC) evaluation were performed for whiteness change of teeth. Statistical analysis was performed using repeated measures ANOVA, Tukey's post hoc test and
dentifrice;tooth whitening;whitening maintenance
- Oral care in the United States. Euromonitor International July 2013; Passport 4.
- Ministry of Food and Drug Safety. Rule book of quasi-drug. Cheongju: Ministry of Food and Drug Safety; 2014: 305-9.
- Joiner A, Thakker G. In vitro evaluation of a novel 6% hydrogen peroxide tooth whitening product. J Dent 2004; 32(1): 19-25. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jdent.2003.10.007
- Leonard RH, Sharma A, Haywood VB. Use of different concentration of carbamide peroxide for bleaching teeth: an in vitro study. Quintessence Int 1998; 29: 503-7.
- Heymann HO. Tooth whitening: facts and fallacies. Br Dent J 2005; 198(8): 514. https://doi.org/10.1038/sj.bdj.4812298
- Yang HY, Kim EK, Choi SS, Cho MJ, Lee YE, Yoon HY, et al. Clinical evaluation of bleaching effect of 3% hydrogen peroxide strip with primer on human enamel. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2014; 13(5): 901-8. http://dx.doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2013.13.05.901.
- Haywood VB, Houck VM, Heymann HO. Nightguard vital bleaching: effect of various solution on enamel surface texture and color. Quintessence Int 1991; 22: 775-82.
- Farrell S. Placebo-controlled trial evaluating safety with 12-months continuous use of 6% hydrogen peroxide whitening strips. J Dent 2008; 36: 726-30. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jdent.2008.05.004
- Shahidi H, Barker ML, Sagel PA, Gerlach RW. Randomized controlled trial of 10% hydrogen peroxide whitening strips. J Clin Dent 2005; 16: 91-5.
- Ahn JH, Kim JH, Kim JH, Jang JW, Oh YJ, Park YD. Tooth whitening effect of toothpaste containing hydrogen peroxide. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2014; 14(1): 101-8. http://dx.doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2014.14.01.101. https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2014.14.01.101
- Cho MJ, Lee ES, Park JR, Jeong JY, Keon SB, Han KS, et al. Dental prophylaxis. 5th ed. Seoul: Komoonsa; 2012: 24-7.
- Nam SH, Choi JO. Efficacy and evaluation of tooth stain with various pH beverages following whitening dentifrice. J Dent Hyg Sci 2013; 13(2): 191-6.
- Kim EH, Lee DH, Oh HS. Effect of the repetitive tasting of different blending types of coffee on teeth stain during home bleaching. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2010; 10(6): 955-63.
- Jung SH, Park DY, Ma DS. Efficacy of six month of a 2.6% hydrogen peroxide containing tooth-whitening strips. J Korean Acad Dent Health 2004; 28(1): 117-25.
- Kim YS, Kwon HK, Kim BI. Effect of nano-carbonate apatite to prevent re-stain after dental bleaching in vitro. J Dent 2011; 39: 636-42. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jdent.2011.07.002
Bahng KH, Yoo SM, Park YD. Maintenance of teeth brightness with 0.3%
$H_2O_2$containing toothpaste after use of 3.0% $H_2O_2$brightening gel. J Korean Acad Dent Health 2007; 31(2): 167-75.
- Stookey GK, Burhard TA, Schemehorn BR. In vitro removal of stain with dentifrices. J Dent Res 1982; 11: 1236-9.
- Kim JB, Paik DI, Moon HS, Ma DS. A clinical comparison of the anticalculus effect of two kinds of therapeutic dentifrice. J Korean Acad Dent Health 1989; 13(1): 7-16.
- Ma DS, Park DY, Park DI, Moon HS, Kim JB. A clinical study of toothpaste containing pyrophosphate, hydroxyapatite and Vitamin-E on the prevention of calculus formation and gingivitis. J Korean Acad Dent Health 1998; 22(1): 13-8.
- Ayad F, De Sciscio P, Stewart B, De Vizio W, Petrone ME, Volpe AR. The stain prevention efficacy of two tooth whitening dentifrices. Compend Contin Educ Dent 2002; 23(8): 733-6.
- Jung SH, Bae KH, Lee WJ, Moon HS, Paik DI, Kim JB. Clinical study on the effect of therapeutic toothpaste containing tetrasodium pyrophosphate, vitamin E and hydrogen peroxide on the tooth whitening. J Korean Acad Dent Health 2001; 25(2): 221-6.
- Cavalli V, Arrais CAG, Giannin M, Ambrosano GMB. High-concentrated carbamide peroxide bleaching agents effects on enamel surface. J Oral Rehabil 2004; 31(2): 155-9. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2842.2004.01138.x
- Kang SM, Kim HE, Kwon HK, Kim BI. Inhibition of post-bleach stain by dentifrice containing nano-carbonate apatite. J Korean Acad Dent Health 2008; 32(1): 42-53.